HD5500
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Does anyone have any info on support for broadwell cpus at all yet, i appreciate the new macbook airs have 5250U CPUs and HD6000 GPUs which would suggest that the latest Yosemite should "work", but as with most stuff like this i'm sure there is much more to it! ;)

I can't find any broadwell specific info online for osx86, which could be a good or a bad thing i guess..

Ty.

Hello,

Does anyone have any info on support for broadwell cpus at all yet, i appreciate the new macbook airs have 5250U CPUs and HD6000 GPUs which would suggest that the latest Yosemite should "work", but as with most stuff like this i'm sure there is much more to it! ;)

I can't find any broadwell specific info online for osx86, which could be a good or a bad thing i guess..

Ty.

The current version of Yosmite (10.10.2) does not support Broadwell. Maybe the next one will...

10.10.3 released today woop..

I can confirm Broadwell kernel support as of 10.10.3 on the Broadwell version of the Gigabyte BRIX. Bootloaders will be updated to take advantage.

I just got my brix 5500. Trying to download 10.10.3 full version...

I just got my brix 5500. Trying to download 10.10.3 full version...

Awesome! Let us know how it goes, I've been itching to buy myself a broadwell brix.

&&&& kinda related, I just got the new retina macbook in the mail and would be happy to dig around for files or information to help along broadwell laptop compatibility

I could not boot from the 10.10.3 install disk using Clover. It gets stuck at waiting for boot disk. Will try with multibeast over the weekend.

EDIT: confirming that GB-BXi7-5500 works on 10.10.3. Although I am not sure everything works, but I was able to boot and type this message. HD 5500 is recognized and Realtek ethernet is working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.40.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.40.29 PM.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 265
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.42.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.42.23 PM.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.43.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.43.56 PM.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 202
I could not boot from the 10.10.3 install disk using Clover. It gets stuck at waiting for boot disk. Will try with multibeast over the weekend.

Try different USB, different USB ports. Also, with/without GenericUSBXHCI.kext (when using GenericUSBXHCI.kext, make sure you use one built for Yosemite). Check the logs for errors related to USB.

so... @Sandflee , @RehabMan -

@SandFlee--
what did you do different to get OSX 10.10.3 booting and get past last error ?

@RehabMan--
even I am downloading MacOS X 10.10.3 to install on a Dell Inspiron 3543 with core-i7 and 5500u Broadwell Processor.
Any tips / comments on how to get it installed ?
Specifically--
Do I need to Change any injects, kexts etc ? OR should I just make the clover installer with the basic 3 or 4 kexts--- and try to boot with that and start the yosemite installer ?

I am asking because I had many problems with other 10.10 OSX Yosemite installer which I downloaded from Mac AppStore.

Thanks and Regards,

Nalin

@RehabMan--
even I am downloading MacOS X 10.10.3 to install on a Dell Inspiron 3543 with core-i7 and 5500u Broadwell Processor.
Any tips / comments on how to get it installed ?
Specifically--
Do I need to Change any injects, kexts etc ? OR should I just make the clover installer with the basic 3 or 4 kexts--- and try to boot with that and start the yosemite installer ?

I am asking because I had many problems with other 10.10 OSX Yosemite installer which I downloaded from Mac AppStore.

Use the config.plist appropriate for your hardware from this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html. Set the "CLOVER EFI" partition as described in that guide as well.

Set config.plist/Inject/Intel=false for installation. When you're ready to attempt graphics support, only then enable it.

You should read the Broadwell related info in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back