Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

After struggling to find the right chipset with the right adapter to PCI-e, I found a seller on AliExpress that bundles PCI-e adapter, antennas in chipsets, BCM94360CSAX, BCM943602CS, BCM94331. They must be out of stock on the 94360CD which they state has better quality antennas than the 94360CSAX and the 943602CS, but I'm going with the BCM943602CS for its BT4.1 spec.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BCM...03_1,ppcSwitch_4_ppcChannel&priceBeautifyAB=0

Hello, my wifi/bt card(BCM94352Z)has been working for a few days since I installed the appropriate kexts indicated in method 1. without any addition to my config.plist file.

Now, it has stopped working, I can see the wifi but I am not able to enable it anymore.
the card works on windows so I don't know what the issue is.
I am running high sierra 10.13.4 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567

Attachments

• DebugWiFi.zip
    873.4 KB · Views: 224
I (perhaps unwisely since it is not as much used) purchased a BCM94350ZAE for my HP laptop with High Sierra installed on it. I realize that there seem to be few people using this card (at least there are very few posts about it). I read through the guide multiple times and am still a little confused about what procedure I am supposed to follow to get it to work.

The guide says "M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE" which sounds good.

In section VI Broadcom, the "Details - macOS/Native" does NOT list my card. But in "Broadcom Device_IDs" it says "Supported Device_ID (native)" and lists my (card BCM94350ZAE). What does it mean "Supported Device_ID (native)"? Do I need to use "WiFi Injection Methods" with this card? And if I do need it which of the 3 methods are appropriate?

And do I need to add patches from config-bcm94352-130.plist.zip to my clover config? It is a bit confusing since the filename "config-bcm94352-130.plist.zip" references bcm94352 which is NOT the card I have.

I have been very succesful patching my DSDT/SSDT, disabling my discrete graphics, and getting the USB configured properly so I think I can get this working if I know what to do. Just a little confused on what that is.

Thanks for any help.
Boot with bcom.panic.invalid-mmio-read=1. If panic, POST log.

Hello, my wifi/bt card(BCM94352Z)has been working for a few days since I installed the appropriate kexts indicated in method 1. without any addition to my config.plist file.

Now, it has stopped working, I can see the wifi but I am not able to enable it anymore.
the card works on windows so I don't know what the issue is.
I am running high sierra 10.13.4 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567

Your ioreg shows WiFi working... You will need to completely describe the actual issue.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I'm having a difficult time understanding how to install all the right kexts and kextstopatch strings... can someone walk me through it please?

Hi all,

I was finally able to get my hands on a proper NGFF adapter and mount the Broadcom BCM94360CS2 (2 antennas) into a mITX board. All works OOB!
I mean, is even ridiculous how well everything works...handoff, SMS, calls, universal clipboard, imessage, continuity, bluetooth audio, mouse, keyboard, you name it....all works OOB no need for anything.

But...
you knew a but was coming..right?
But...after some (10/15) sleep/wake cycles at some point after a wake from sleep, bluetooth begins to not work. All bluetooth devices connected (kayboard, mouse, audio) begin to be unusable.
The fix is quick: I plug in a USB mouse open the bluetooth icon on the top bar holding Option+Shift and under Debug click on Reset the Bluetooth Module. Instantly everything begins working again for another 10/15 sleep/wake cycles.

Is there a way to prevent this sudden bluetooth crisis?

Last edited:
Hi,

The issue Im attempting to resolve is that bluetooth wakes fine on ac but not on battery pwr.

I have 2 entries in ioreg of bluetooth, on one port there is dw380 and on another says 20702A0 is that supposed to work that way?

Using fakepciid/broadcom in s/l/e. Using the broadcompatchram2/bluetoothdata kexts of RMs in the clover/kexts/other config is set correctly to use it. of course if not it would not be working at all. Using the patches in config kext to patch you have here but that was after testing without it. Its the same result. Going to try removing those patchram/bluetoothdat from clover/kexts next
obviously they will cause an ill reading. We'll see.

EDIT: solved?

I ended up chopping out one of the ports from dsdt and it works now. Not sure if it was the best choice but the issue no
longer remains. SOLVED? but why was it happening i dont know. In ioreg I saw it flipped over to another port and changed
from the name dw380 to 20702A0 upon wake

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.57.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Back