Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,

I've attempted to add a homebrew Airport card to my Hackintosh G3, I got an unbranded Broadcom BCM94321MC card and Mini-PCI adaptor from eBay, relatively easy to put together but I've had no joy for it to show up in OS X (10.7.3).

It is recognized in Windows without any drivers which add to the mystery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

I guess this is a bigger problem than I originally thought. Those of us with atheros cards are having the same problem. I guess the question needs to be asked: is there anybody with a homebrewed "real" airport card that IS working under 10.7.3?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48314

I managed to roll back the ktext but now it can't see my 5GHz network, only the 2.4GHz :thumbdown:

Hi

I have just build my first Hackintosh and I have the Broadcom BCM94321MC wireless card in
Mini-PCI adapter. I have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 installed.

The card was recognized and it's working. I didn't need to do anything. It was a bit tricky to make it to connect to my wireless network. It is very slow and it is dropping the connection. I don't know why is so slow, my laptop has similar card and it's working fine.

In system preferences > network it shows as Bluetooth PAN. I don't know why and what it means.

Broadcom BCM94321MC.jpg

Attachments

• Broadcom BCM94321MC.jpg
    Broadcom BCM94321MC.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 831
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back