Graphics
Sapphire HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
With regards to using BCM94352 with Yosemite & Chimera/Chameleon, could someone confirm these are the proper steps that I've tried to cull from the guide?

First, these are the various products I downloaded:
config-bcm94352-103.plist (not used if using Fake PCIID?!?!)
ssdt_arpt-bcm4352 (folder)
- [Guide]-OSX_ssdt-installation_v3.pdf
- SSDT-4.aml (not used?!?!)
wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0b.command
FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
Release (folder)
- BrcmGluetoothinjector.kext
- BrcmFirmwareData.kext
- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext (only one used?!?!)
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Now for the Section Steps within the guide - this is what gets confusing. For multiple choices, I listed only the ones I would use.... and would I do them in this order, too?

Section: Airport Injection Methods (Select one method)
1. kext enabler, see FakePCIID for BCM94352 (below)

I assume dsdt changes and ssdt enabler are not needed since step states to select one method.

Section: Airport/WiFi (10.10 and newer)
3. Installation (Select one method)
1. FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

Section: BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions)
1. Requires AirPortBrcm4360 WiFi Support and BT4LE
2. Patches/Credit: Dokterdok (Select one)
Do the IOBluetoothFamily patches have to be done manually even if using FakePCIID for BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext?

3. Installation (Select one method)
There appears to only be one method!?!?

Can I just run “wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0b.command” for everything above in this section??
And only do only Patch 1 at this point even though the next section says to do Patch 2 and 3?

Section: BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions)
1. Requires AirPortBrcm4360 WiFi Support and BT4LE
2. Patches (Select one)
3. Handoff/Hotspot, see BT Handoff, above

So do nothing for this step so far if I ran “wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0b.command” for Patch 1 above?

3. Installation
Run “wireless_bcm94352-100v3.0b.command” again for Patches 2 and 3.

Section: BCM94352 BT4 (10.10 - all versions, 10.9 - all versions)
Install BrcmPatchRAM.kext to S/L/E

Also, I have a dual-boot laptop. This 'temporary' firmware shouldn't effect Wifi/BT under Win7, right?

Repair Permissions
Rebuild Cache

So does this capture everything needed?

Thanks in advance.

Samsung NP300E4C-A03US Notebook
CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M – Ivy Bridge - 8 GB RAM
MB: Samsung 300E4C/300E5C/300E7C 0.1
Intel 7 Series Chipset Family
Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1366 x 768
SMBios MacBookPro9,2
Dual boot:
OS X - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD (Yosemite)
Win7 - Momentus 500GB (Seagate), SATA2 5300rpm
Ext USB DVD/CD ODD – Slimtype Philips & Lite-on (originally in Notebook, replaced with SSD for OS X).

With regards to using BCM94352 with Yosemite & Chimera/Chameleon, could someone confirm these are the proper steps that I've tried to cull from the guide?
Samsung NP300E4C-A03US Notebook
CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M – Ivy Bridge - 8 GB RAM
MB: Samsung 300E4C/300E5C/300E7C 0.1
Intel 7 Series Chipset Family
Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1366 x 768
SMBios MacBookPro9,2
Dual boot:
OS X - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD (Yosemite)
Win7 - Momentus 500GB (Seagate), SATA2 5300rpm
Ext USB DVD/CD ODD – Slimtype Philips & Lite-on (originally in Notebook, replaced with SSD for OS X).

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

BCM94352HMB requirements are covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Don't make it more difficult than it really is.

4 kexts, installed to /S/L/E:
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

2 patches in config.plist (read linked post in networking forum):
one patch for 5Ghz (depends on locale)
one patch for handoff/hotspot (depends on OS X version)

Use copy/paste (plist editor) to copy the patches... avoid scripts.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the reply. I see this is in El Capitan Laptop Support. I'm still on Yosemite. I thought BrcmPatchRAM2 was specifically for El Capitan. So I should still use it for Yosemite? And I'll read all the FAQs, etc., tonight.

Thanks again.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the reply. I see this is in El Capitan Laptop Support. I'm still on Yosemite. I thought BrcmPatchRAM2 was specifically for El Capitan. So I should still use it for Yosemite? And I'll read all the FAQs, etc., tonight.

Thanks again.

Moved to Yosemite laptop support. Reply edited for 10.10.

Clearly covered at BrcmPatchRAM readme: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

I thought patching the binaries in AirPortBrcm4360 within IO80211Family.kext and IOBluetoothFamily was all that is needed for 5Ghz and Handoff. Where is the "config.plist" that needs to be edited? And which linked post are you referring to?

I thought patching the binaries in AirPortBrcm4360 within IO80211Family.kext and IOBluetoothFamily was all that is needed for 5Ghz and Handoff.

Better to use Clover patch.

Where is the "config.plist" that needs to be edited? And which linked post are you referring to?

The config.plist is for Clover configuration. It is at /EFI/Clover/config.plist on the EFI partition.

This thread is linked from the FAQ...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

(also a sticky in the Networking forum)

Wow - again.

Working! I just installed those 4 kext files and that's all it took. I can postpone the 5Ghz and Handoff for now. WiFi and BT working just fine as is. Wifi is fast and had iTunes and website media via Safari playing through a Sony ZS-RS60BT audio 'boombox' system. I really just wanted the Wifi to avoid having my ASUS USB-N10 Wifi nub (which works great, also) always sticking out, but mostly for the ability to turn off BT to save battery. These are way better results than I expected.

I ordered an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB that showed AzureWave on the card. But what I received didn't.... made me a little nervous. And, whatever I put in the laptop still needed to support Win7 on those rare occasions when I need it. So Win7 couldn't find any working drivers for it. After mining the web for a long time, I found some Lenovo drivers at different sites that do work (the BT was a clunky process and took a while to make it work). I thought this would be a show-stopper, but now if/when I need Win7 Wifi or BT, I should be OK.

Again, thanks RehabMan for simplifying this for me. I spent hours... days reading guides and posts in multiple forums.

Wow - again.

Working! I just installed those 4 kext files and that's all it took. I can postpone the 5Ghz and Handoff for now. WiFi and BT working just fine as is. Wifi is fast and had iTunes and website media via Safari playing through a Sony ZS-RS60BT audio 'boombox' system. I really just wanted the Wifi to avoid having my ASUS USB-N10 Wifi nub (which works great, also) always sticking out, but mostly for the ability to turn off BT to save battery. These are way better results than I expected.

I ordered an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB that showed AzureWave on the card. But what I received didn't.... made me a little nervous. And, whatever I put in the laptop still needed to support Win7 on those rare occasions when I need it. So Win7 couldn't find any working drivers for it. After mining the web for a long time, I found some Lenovo drivers at different sites that do work (the BT was a clunky process and took a while to make it work). I thought this would be a show-stopper, but now if/when I need Win7 Wifi or BT, I should be OK.

Again, thanks RehabMan for simplifying this for me. I spent hours... days reading guides and posts in multiple forums.

And handoff and 5Ghz are just two Clover KextsToPatches away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back