Motherboard
Dell E6230
CPU
i7 3GHz i7
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a problem with brightness level going to max after reboot. It fine after sleep. I didn't have this problem in mav. Anyone had this problem and solved it?

I have a problem with brightness level going to max after reboot. It fine after sleep. I didn't have this problem in mav. Anyone had this problem and solved it?

You need working nvram for it to be restored across reboots. AFAIK, the only bootloader with working nvram on Yosemite is Clover, provided you have it configured correctly.

You need working nvram for it to be restored across reboots. AFAIK, the only bootloader with working nvram on Yosemite is Clover, provided you have it configured correctly.

bootloader is clover what configuration part should I look at or need?

bootloader is clover what configuration part should I look at or need?

You need:
- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (I've heard newer versions of Clover can make native NVRAM work without this, but I haven't tried it)
- Install RC scripts to the boot volume

You need:
- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (I've heard newer versions of Clover can make native NVRAM work without this, but I haven't tried it)
- Install RC scripts to the boot volume

Yes I did install EmuVar and scrips on target volume. Where is this NVRAM plist file located? I don't see it.

Yes I did install EmuVar and scrips on target volume. Where is this NVRAM plist file located? I don't see it.

/nvram.plist, hidden.

/nvram.plist, hidden.

not in my root drive...maybe thats the problem. Does it create one when installing bootloader? How do I get it back? Something I can do in clover configurator?

not in my root drive...maybe thats the problem. Does it create one when installing bootloader? How do I get it back? Something I can do in clover configurator?

/nvram.plist is created by the RC scripts at shutdown.

/nvram.plist is created by the RC scripts at shutdown.

I figured our why don't have nvram. I forgot to format the EFI fat32. The crazy part about it is on a backup HD I deleted the EFI files formatted to fat32 then re-installed clover bootloader carried out the
woking config and kexts from the primary and my pref brightness slider is gone:problem:. I've done this several times and same results. On the backup HD since the reformat I now have the nvram plist in root. Any ideas as to why?

I figured our why don't have nvram. I forgot to format the EFI fat32. The crazy part about it is on a backup HD I deleted the EFI files formatted to fat32 then re-installed clover bootloader carried out the
woking config and kexts from the primary and my pref brightness slider is gone:problem:. I've done this several times and same results. On the backup HD since the reformat I now have the nvram plist in root. Any ideas as to why?

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back