Intel Core i5-4690S
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I put a new SSD in my Mac Mini and accidentally launched a Clover-based USB installer. I had no idea this thing could brick my Mac. All I did was attempt to launch the installer, and was met with a black screen for about 10 minutes. I chose to power down. Upon starting, I get the repeating startup chime over and over. I tried to put back in the original HDD, same symptoms.

After all my research, it seems I possible bricked the EFI chip? I don't understand how just attempting to open the installer would do this. Does anyone know a way to resolve this without having to get a new chip online and soldered in? I pray that someone has figured this out. None of my startup key combinations work, it's completely unresponsive to keyboard input.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I put a new SSD in my Mac Mini and accidentally launched a Clover-based USB installer. I had no idea this thing could brick my Mac. All I did was attempt to launch the installer, and was met with a black screen for about 10 minutes. I chose to power down. Upon starting, I get the repeating startup chime over and over. I tried to put back in the original HDD, same symptoms.

After all my research, it seems I possible bricked the EFI chip? I don't understand how just attempting to open the installer would do this. Does anyone know a way to resolve this without having to get a new chip online and soldered in? I pray that someone has figured this out. None of my startup key combinations work, it's completely unresponsive to keyboard input.
There are several threads like this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/warning-report-booting-clover-on-a-real-mac-can-be-dangerous.229629/
Use Search for more details.

Motherboard
MSI Z97-GD65
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690S
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
And I read that entire thread, every single post of every page. My question still remains: ARE THOSE THE ONLY METHODS?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
MSI Z97-GD65
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690S
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I get no response from keyboard input, resetting the SMC did nothing either. I unplugged it and held the power button until I got the little blip feedback telling me the SMC was cleared, still the same symptoms.