hd 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

Want to get back into the hackintosh scene after reading how awesome the tools are nowadays compared to several years back. Nice work community!!!

Anyways, I am really thinking of getting a 4x30s laptop and I would love to see one of them in person. I just can't seem to find a store that carries them. Does anyone know of one? I am in the L.A. area in case that matters.

Thanks. Back to trolling....

Ooof. Good luck. All of the stuff at brick and mortar places are usually consumer oriented and therefore the shiny stuff with spinners and ground effects. :)

got mine at CompUSA, but I'm pretty sure they're not in CA...

Perhaps, microcenter.com

ProBook 4530s Mfr Part #: LJ518UT#ABA
Availability:
10+ in stock
at Orange County/Tustin

I bought mine on newegg. I honestly didn't even know about it's hackintosh potential (I've already hacked 2 machines before, dell mini 10v and a custom build) and bought it solely on it's price/features.

I can tell you, the build feels really solid, the only negatives for me are screen resolution/brightness.

I took the plunge and overnighted one. It's sitting right in front of me now!! Now need to figure out how to do blueking guide for dual boot and retaining quickweb. I like that for my wife. Don't want her touching a real OS like hackintosh. ;)

I can tell you you won't be able to. If you back up the partition you can probably restore it. But it is MBR right now, so you won't be able to install OS X.

blueking said:
I can tell you you won't be able to. If you back up the partition you can probably restore it. But it is MBR right now, so you won't be able to install OS X.

Actually you might be able to. As long as quickweb isn't set in the bios to look in a specific partition you can create a partition in fat32 and download quickweb from hp's website.
Or if it is set to look on partition 1 then maybe there's some way to resize the efi partition to 3gb (I think that's the size of the original partition) and install it there.

On the subject of other os's does anyone recall what atheros number the bluetooth had in windows ar****?
I remember it had a different number to the wifi card and on windows it shows up as generic bluetooth device and it always has a ! windows is unable to start this device ! so i'd really like to know if anyone else has made it work and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back