Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing to do.. your kext seems to not replace the firmware on the key using the fake kext instead modify original one :(

You product and device ID are already added in BrcmPatchRAM.kext and BrcmNonApple.kext, you should not be adding it anywhere else also.

Check in your boot log what is happening:
Code:
sudo cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]

ok now it works, on previous tarball there was only BrcmPatchRAM.kext and not BrcmNonApple.kext so i've used the other kext :)

many thanks!

Which tarball was wrong? The latest version?

Just verified, but BrcmNonApple.kext is there in the tarball.

Right-click BrcmPatchRAM.kext, select "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents -> Plugins.

Thank you for this patch! It works awesome on my IOGEAR. I do have a problem with it though, the machine wakes up from sleep every 3 to 5 minutes since installed it. Do you know why that is happening by any chance?

That would most likely be because of the way you activated your USB.

Are you using GenericUSBXHCI.kext? Or the native apple drivers.

Reply with the wake-up reason from /var/log/system.log

Toleda,
I have the asus z97-deluxe board with an i4790k processor. I have the same VID/PID as you, 0B05 and 17CF. Your tollda airport kext worked to get my wifi working, but the bluetooth does not work, it sees my magic mouse, it used to pair and function, before trying to use the BrcmPatchRam. I used the BTFirmwareuploader to get bluetooth working (before, but now it does not pair).

I followed the steps for finding my device in the Windows firmware. where I get stuck is what do I do with the hex file? How do I get this to work with the BrcmPatchRAM? I am obviously new to this. If you have a functioning kext\patch would that work in my machine?

Thanks
dchaf

Commit 4b67dd353f6aabe89b90da1345f58b4da04502e0:
Added specific firmwares for 0b05:17cb & 0b05:17cf

Your device is already supported.

Take a look in the system.log to see what is happening:
Code:
sudo cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back