Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but why does it only wake if BrcmPatchRAM is loaded?

If BrcmPatchRAM is not used, the BT device is not working, drivers not attached, etc.

ASUS BT400 4096 without BrcmPatchRAM works fine. It sleeps and wake if mouse button is pressed.

But BT isn't working in that scenario... v4096 means no firmware loaded.

Then no reason to install BrcmPatchRAM.kext. What is the issue?
The other two devices, which won't work without BrcmPatchRAM.kext
I wanted to point out that loaded kext cause the instant wake.
Do you have a build were BrcmPatchRAM.kext is loaded, a BT mouse is paired during sleep, and you are able to wake it via mouse button.

The other two devices, which won't work without BrcmPatchRAM.kext

For devices without built-in firmware, you need BrcmPatchRAM.kext to load firmware to the device.

I wanted to point out that loaded kext cause the instant wake.

Cause is not BrcmPatchRAM.kext. Cause is USB configuration.

Do you have a build were BrcmPatchRAM.kext is loaded, a BT mouse is paired during sleep, and you are able to wake it via mouse button.

I don't have a BT mouse at all. Are you saying your issue only happens with the BT mouse paired?

Note option in SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer"

Are you saying your issue only happens with the BT mouse paired?

Yes, if I disconnect mouse and keyboard before sleep it doesn't wake before power button is pressed.

Note option in SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer"

That makes no difference.

Is it possible to take the FW from the ASUS BT400 and load it into the Inateck? Maybe it depends on the FW version?

Yes, if I disconnect mouse and keyboard before sleep it doesn't wake before power button is pressed.

That makes no difference.

Is it possible to take the FW from the ASUS BT400 and load it into the Inateck? Maybe it depends on the FW version?

Not as far as I know. You could try selecting a different firmware via BrcmPatchRAM Info.plist.

Can someone confirm that BT4 only works with BCM94360HMB thru BrcmPatchRAM?

If possible, it would be great to hear from someone who's using this half mini PCIe wifi card either currently or at some point.

I installed this card on my motherboard and had no issues with wifi, just with BT4.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back