Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sign that BrcmPatchRAM is installed.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Off course you are saying if you are using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext don't use others. Im just using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. But for you I removed BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and added BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext now. Here it is new IOREG files.

Attachments

• iMac.zip
    750.2 KB · Views: 85
Off course you are saying if you are using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext don't use others. Im just using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. But for you I removed BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and added BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext now. Here it is new IOREG files.

Your device 0x5ac:0x828d is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM. You will also not find it in BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

It is supported natively by BroadcomBluetotohHostControllerUSBTransport plugin of IOBluetoothFamily.kext.

Any problem you have with it is unrelated to BrcmPatchRAM... It is between you, the hardware you have, and the Apple provided drivers.

Your device 0x5ac:0x828d is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM. You will also not find it in BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.

It is supported natively by BroadcomBluetotohHostControllerUSBTransport plugin of IOBluetoothFamily.kext.

Any problem you have with it is unrelated to BrcmPatchRAM... It is between you, the hardware you have, and the Apple provided drivers.

Thank you for your attention. Probably I will learn to live with this mouse lagging issue :) Thank you again.

Hi Rehabman, Could you please kindly help to add my bluetooth USB card into the list of cards supported by your kext. Thank so much for your kind help.

My card infor:

BCM43142A0:

Product ID: 0x2006
Vendor ID: 0x04ca (Lite-On Technology Corp.)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: 3010B31CE7E3
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0x14600000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 1000
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Hi Rehabman, Could you please kindly help to add my bluetooth USB card into the list of cards supported by your kext. Thank so much for your kind help.

My card infor:

BCM43142A0:

Product ID: 0x2006
Vendor ID: 0x04ca (Lite-On Technology Corp.)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: 3010B31CE7E3
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0x14600000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 1000
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Your device is already supported by the latest kext.

Your device is already supported by the latest kext.

I already tried installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. But it did not work. Bluetooth device does not show in System Information.

Here is the IOreg file after installing those two kexts. Please help to figure out.
Thank so much.View attachment 160107

I think BrcmPatchRAM2 is hanging... (just guessing). It is not supposed to stay resident (it should probe, load firmware, then exit).

Post output:
Code:
grep -y brcmpatch /var/log/system.log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back