Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaminoreal,

You lowered the bundle versions to what version?

The lowest I could test against was OS X Lion (Through Parallels VM), and that works.

kaminoreal,

You lowered the bundle versions to what version?

The lowest I could test against was OS X Lion (Through Parallels VM), and that works.

Running kextlibs on 10.6.8:
For all architectures:
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily = 4.2.4
com.apple.kpi.iokit = 10.8
com.apple.kpi.libkern = 10.8
com.apple.kpi.mach = 10.8
I noticed Snow's IOUSBFamily has OSBundleCompatibleVersion 1.8
I lowered to be safe the other 3 to 9.0(inspired from other snow usb kexts)
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily = 1.8
com.apple.kpi.iokit = 9.0
com.apple.kpi.libkern = 9.0
com.apple.kpi.mach = 9.0

tested on 10.6.8, 10.9.5 and latest yosemite, works just fine for me, except auto waking from sleep issue, that i dunno what is causing it, guess some extra usb patching that is required.

kaminoreal,

Thank you for your feedback! Great to hear that the dynamic personality publishing resolves the issue of different bundle identifiers for the Broadcom bluetooth bundle across OS X versions. :thumbup:

I have applied the changes you suggested in the source code, so they will be there by default next release.

I have applied the changes you suggested in the source code, so they will be there by default next release.
I thank you for the smart solution you found, this can be used for other yummy things :)

BTW Support can be extended even more for i386 only people, managed to build fat and on xcode 3.2 :)
The secret :
Code:
			buildSettings = {
				ARCHS = "$(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_64_BIT)";
				MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 10.6;
				ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH = NO;
				SDKROOT = macosx10.8;
				VALID_ARCHS = "x86_64 i386";
			};
Plus some small fixes in code(that I posted earlier).
Same project builds on 10.9 and up xcode but with ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH = YES

I thank you for the smart solution you found, this can be used for other yummy things :)

Hopefully you will be able to use that solution to create useful things for the community.

Regarding i386 support, I am not sure I still want to support that also.
The number of people still running OS X on a i386 only system (either Snow Leopard or Lion) has to be quite limited by now.
Though it is great that you actually got that working with minimal changes!

One small bug, the personality for 10.8.5 is identical as for mavericks/yosemite, I dunno if it was changed only on 10.8.5, maybe someone who still have older mountain lion backups can check the personality for 10.8.4 and lower.
What did u used as reference, 10.8 GM?

I will install Mountain Lion in Parallels Desktop to double check.

Hey man, I've got a question that I want to ask you relating to installing Mac OS on a Dell XPS. I can't PM you so could you please message me with some way to contact you. I'd be really greatful! Thanks in advance!

Ok so I installed a Mountain Lion VM.

The CFBundleIdentifier is: "com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport" for 10.8.4.

Update:

For 10.8.5 it is indeed "com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport".
I have added the necessary code to handle this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back