Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,I
went with tonymac's ivy bridge pro build for my first mackintosh. Here's my setup:
Intel Core i7 3770k
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
GeForce GT 640
Corsair Carbide 500R
Corsair 650watt
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
240 gig solid state, 1 TB HDD

So I have everything assembled, got it to boot up once after I installed mountain lion 10.8.1. I copied someone else's multibeast settings for my board, and now I get a kernal panic, which I've taken a photo of in verbose mode and put here: http://i.imgur.com/hxUrQ.jpg

The only multibeast extensions I installed (i think) were (taken from someone else's post)
Realtek ALC989
3rd party SATA
Mac Pro Definition 5,1

So basically I have a couple questions:
How do I prevent the automatic reboot when I shut down my machine? Is that just the one setting in the UEFI?
How do I know which of the installs I put in is causing my kernal panic? Or how do i even know those are responsible?

I can still get in using the safe mode.

EDIT:
Good news. The kernel panic was forced by me using the system definition Mac Pro 5,1. I switched to a lower mac pro and it is now fixed. However, I am still having an issue-- I can't get the chimera bootloader to work on the solid state hard drive that is my mac HD. I can only get it to work on my USB key. it locks up at the apple icon and spinning wheel below. any ideas?
- solved this. needed the FakeSMC kext.

Also, I was having trouble getting the machine to shut down without restarting. I've looked around a bit but can't find anyone who's had the issue recently. What else could I try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Remove appletymcedriver kext.

unfortunately I idiotically installed NVClockX.kext, and now I kernel panic. I can't seem to figure out how to remove it from the system using the terminal either-- is it in a different spot? i'm trying to use rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVClockX.kext but it says "not found"

Well, I ended up using my other disk, and installing mac osx onto that, just to get back into my original and delete the kext file, and it now works. So I guess this question doesn't need answering now. but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back