Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

It takes quite a while to boot into my hackintosh. +/- 2min. It hangs forever at the apple startup screen before loading into SL.

What can I do to make this faster (thinking 20sec here?). I ran easybeast to get the system stable-ish. My DSDT for my mobo (Z68XP-UD3R-F2) does not work even after I flashed my BIOS to the right version - causes system to crash. I hoped that the DSDT edit would make the system boot faster but instead messes everything up!

Any ideas?

One step closer to the promised land!!! :headbang:

thanks for your suggestions. I booted in -v mode and got the"SNB framebuffer did not show up, unload" prompt.

Rebooted and in BIOS (you should have this too as you have a similar mobo) I went to 'advanced bios settings" and where it said "onboard VGA" i hcnaged it from the 'enabled' state to "Enable if no ext PEG" (something like that). Rebooted again and voila!
Problem gone and it booted in 20sec.

What I also saw while booting in -v mode was "8169e probe hardware failed". Now the thing is, I have a Realtek 8111e and not the above mentioned. I ran Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext loader and it didn't solve my problem, and in fact, I think made it worse. Do you know how to undo such a instal of network drivers? Anyway this ehternet thing also soaks up about 10sec. I checked my com.apple.Boot.plist and it said:
key>timeout<key
string>2<string
key>ethernetbuiltin<key
string>Yes<string

So I am thinking if I make the 2 a "0" it would save 2 sec [EDIT: such a noob, just read that the timeout has to do with chimera - will maybe have to make it 1sec but would have to be fast on the trigger to boot into win7] and if I want to I can make the "ethernetnuiltin" a "no" but that won't solve my ethernet problem.

Many thanks for your tip about the onboard VGA!!! :headbang: Hope my 2 cents help too!!

thanks for this post.

was getting an >80 second boot time with an extended hang on

"SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload"

Just chiming in to confirm that going into the BIOS and switching the Onboard VGA option to "Enable if no ext PEG" fixes this hang. Mine was switched to Auto and still had the hang.

System boots in <30 seconds now.

Also, FWIW, removing boot from CD/DVD from the boot list increased my time by 10 seconds or so.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back