Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've downloaded ML and the installer goes through the install process and upon restart I choose my startup disk from the instant menu and it just boots right back into Lion like nothing happened. ML installer is still in applications and I'm still on 10.7.4

Am I missing something? Is there a combination of buttons to hold down or something for it to recognize that i'm trying to install an OS instead of just booting into Lion like normal?

Thanks,
Ley

sorry man u cant simply update your lion like u maybe previously did with system updates! U need a guide for that I used clean install..

Ah! Gotcha. Thanks, It makes more sense now.

Ley

Yes. I think you need to make a UniBeast installer for Mountain Lion.

Hit F12 at boot and choose USB-HDD to get Chimera on the UniBeast to boot the computer.
First choose the USB to install ML, then Restart and F12/USB-HDD again to boot from USB, but now choose to load the MOUNTAIN LION boot disk that you just made. It should boot into the new Mountain Lion system.

At this point, it helps to have the latest MultiBeast and a DSDT installed on a second disk (I made my UniBeast with 2 partitions, 5GB/3GB, and put all my Hackintosh Files in the 2nd, 3GB partition).

Run MutliBeast for ML to install the files necessary for the install to boot without the UniBeast USB support.
I am currently searching this forum to get advice on the best MultiBeast settings to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back