Contribute
Register

bootloader that can boot lion, SL and windows 7 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, rarely post a question and love this site and my hackintosh.
Have put together an awsome rig but have an issue with the correct bootloader to use
to serve my purposes.

Brief outline of my system:

gig z68xp-ud5, i7, thermaltake level 10 case. I currently have 2 120gb SSD'S for my onboard OS.
1 SSD runs win 7 the other has 2 partitions one for lion and one for snow leopard.

I have my Mac SSD set as the active drive and unsure what bootloader is capable of booting either of my 3 OS choices on start up.

Can I install a bootloader at the root of say for example the lion partition which when booted up can then see all 3 OS and hence boot cleanly in to either of the 3.

Seem to be able to get chimera to boot lion but falls in a hole when choosing SL

Simply after one bootloader which I can install at the root of lion which is capable of booting all 3 OS !!!

Can anyone advise please.

Moved to correct forum,
Lion Installation -> 10.7 Support.

I have Lion, Snow, Win7 and Kubuntu installed in different drives each, the current Chimera version installed on the Lion SSD can boot all of them, it could probably even boot my neighbour's cat if i tell it to do so. There probably is some improper setup/configuration with your Snow partition/install that Chimera is not able to boot it up. Troubleshot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back