Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have successfully installed OS X 10.8.5 multiple times...when I press f8 to run the usb drive that I created with unibeast I see the following USB, Mac OS X and Windows NTFS...which is correct when I boot off the usb drive....Now when I finshed installing OS X and ready to do all the driver updates in multibeast I select easy beast and that installs fine....then I reboot... it does reboot automatically from the hdd and loads OS X but it boots right into it and doesn't prompt me to boot to my windows hdd.....in order to boot to my windows drive I need to boot off the usb drive....Can someone tell me how to fix this...this has been driving me crazy for the pass 2 days now...after multiple restalling I just cant get it to show my windows hdd on bootup

many thanks if you can help me out on this...

I have successfully installed OS X 10.8.5 multiple times...when I press f8 to run the usb drive that I created with unibeast I see the following USB, Mac OS X and Windows NTFS...which is correct when I boot off the usb drive....Now when I finshed installing OS X and ready to do all the driver updates in multibeast I select easy beast and that installs fine....then I reboot... it does reboot automatically from the hdd and loads OS X but it boots right into it and doesn't prompt me to boot to my windows hdd.....in order to boot to my windows drive I need to boot off the usb drive....Can someone tell me how to fix this...this has been driving me crazy for the pass 2 days now...after multiple restalling I just cant get it to show my windows hdd on bootup

many thanks if you can help me out on this...

Did you try pressing a key while the timer is running?

You know... where it says "Press any key to enter startup options."

You need an Instant Menu, this is available with MultiBeast and is found under;

C
ustomization > Boot Options > Instant Menu

however if you want to learn and experiment then locate your /Extra folder from your boot drive

locate the Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist file and open this with TextEdit

locate the line that says <key>Timeout</key>

yours will probably looks like this;

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

But you need to change it to the below then save and exit, reboot and your Chimera boot screen should stay on screen displaying your drives/partitions;

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>Instant Menu</string>

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104463-how-edit-plist.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back