Bootloader problems after SuperDuper clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
sabertooth x79
CPU
Graphics
gtx670
Had a fully functioning system and a clone with SuperDuper. Made a couple kext additions to get my onboard sound working on my clone. Once successful, like a fool I copied the clone and overwrote my main OS (I know, I know don't say it) since I figured the only differences were the sound patches. SuperDuper must fail to copy something because now I can only boot into main or clone with my install stick. I've reinstalled Chimera standalone, rerun Multibeast with only bootloader selected, moved boot1h, etc. and tried everything else out there I could find. Still getting boot0 = error GPT

I would really appreciate any other ideas to try.

Thanks, David

Had a fully functioning system and a clone with SuperDuper. Made a couple kext additions to get my onboard sound working on my clone. Once successful, like a fool I copied the clone and overwrote my main OS (I know, I know don't say it) since I figured the only differences were the sound patches. SuperDuper must fail to copy something because now I can only boot into main or clone with my install stick. I've reinstalled Chimera standalone, rerun Multibeast with only bootloader selected, moved boot1h, etc. and tried everything else out there I could find. Still getting boot0 = error GPT

I would really appreciate any other ideas to try.

Thanks, David

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Bootloader problems after SuperDuper clone (solved)

I answered my own problem after a lot of trial and error. I don't have the 4k disk problem that many solutions on the web seemed to address. However, it appears that when I cloned my system the process changed the boot order from my system SSD to my storage HDD. I had to go into my advanced Bios to change the order. My MoB is an Asus and the boot order control was tricky to locate (for me at least), Anyway, all seems fine now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back