Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have this bizarre issue where the bootloader half works.

I say it half works becuase when I am at the BIOS logo screen I have to press F12 or Del and then it instantly boots -ie. Instead of loading the bios or drive select screen, it just boots right away.

In my BIOS only UEFI drives are available for boot priority selection EXCEPT for one which I put as first obviously. I can select all the drives in the boot priority screen as legacy but not in the default screen. I should put some screenshots in -it would help explain this.

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be done here to make the machine boot right away?

Thx

Felix

I have this bizarre issue where the bootloader half works.

I say it half works becuase when I am at the BIOS logo screen I have to press F12 or Del and then it instantly boots -ie. Instead of loading the bios or drive select screen, it just boots right away.

In my BIOS only UEFI drives are available for boot priority selection EXCEPT for one which I put as first obviously. I can select all the drives in the boot priority screen as legacy but not in the default screen. I should put some screenshots in -it would help explain this.

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be done here to make the machine boot right away?

Thx

Felix

Do you need to add the first boot drive under BBS Priorities in the same section of the BIOS?

Hi there,
Yes, I can do that. But it still doesn't boot automatically like it used to.

Do you have any suggestions to troubleshoot this?

Sounds like you may have adjusted some BIOS settings for UEFI only. There will be a selection in the BIOS to boot Legacy First or UEFI First. Another suggestion would be to load optimised defaults and set drive boot priority and Init Display First to IGFX for your HD4000. Press F10 save and exit, test.

Thank you very much for replying, I really appreciate it! I set the BIOS for legacy, not UEFI, I did play around with that. It may be that I have it set up just fine, it's just not what it used to be like and then the machine does not boot like it should, but perhaps that is caused by something else?

Thx for the suggestion for the graphics card. I will let you know how I get on!
Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back