Graphics
Radeon 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys !

I've been running my recent El capitan build pretty smoothly for 2 or 3 months, with win10 dual boot.

I can't remember doing anything special except some windows updates, and now the bootloader won't show up.

I tried unplugging windows disk, leaving only mac os disk plugged, but bootloader still does not show up...

The only message I get, when trying to boot, on mac os disk, is that there's no bootable media avaiblable etc...

I guess I'll have to try booting on mac os install USB, to try fixing the issue with terminal operations, but I'm not really sure about what to do.. Should I copy some bootloader install folder when the bootloader files should be located on the disk ?

Thanks for your support guys :) :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi guys !

I've been running my recent El capitan build pretty smoothly for 2 or 3 months, with win10 dual boot.

I can't remember doing anything special except some windows updates, and now the bootloader won't show up.

I tried unplugging windows disk, leaving only mac os disk plugged, but bootloader still does not show up...

The only message I get, when trying to boot, on mac os disk, is that there's no bootable media avaiblable etc...

I guess I'll have to try booting on mac os install USB, to try fixing the issue with terminal operations, but I'm not really sure about what to do.. Should I copy some bootloader install folder when the bootloader files should be located on the disk ?

Thanks for your support guys :) :) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

something similar happened to me out of the blue on a B75A mobo, UEFI booting. i kept getting the default UEFI boot loader screen.

hit whatever key you need to during boot to get to your BIOS boot selection screen, and choose to boot from your HD. check your bios settings to make sure that somehow they didn't get reset to default settings.

maybe a power blip, or a random gravity wave, or whatever!!

This normally means the computer is attempting a Legacy boot to the OS X drive, but it has Clover installed in UEFI mode. So as mentioned above, use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device, and make sure you pick "UEFI:YourSystemDrive" and not e.g. "Mac OS X".

Are you trying to say that there is no boot option for clover in the bios boot menu?
If yes, I had a similar problem.
What you need to do is boot with a bootable usb installer that you used to install the OSX. Then you should be able to see clover boot option. Go down and enter the "clover boot options" (I had 2 of these options, one for the usb and one for hard drive EFI partitions). You have to select the one for the hard drive. Then click on "add clover boot options for all entries". Restart and you should have the boot option in your bios boot menu.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 8.18.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 8.18.00 AM.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 730
If you are missing [UEFI: <drive name with OS X>] line in Boot menu, try to re-flash bios (you can use the same version).
I've seen this bug on friend's z87mx-d3h mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back