Contribute
Register

Bootloader (Chimera) boots straight into windows 7 (DUAL BOOT Yosemite/Windows 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means you have an incorrect org.chameleon.Boot.plist (you have "Kernel"="mach_kernel"), or incorrect bootloader (one not updated for Yosemite), or you're loading org.chameleon.Boot.plist from somewhere you don't expect, or your system is corrupt and /System/Library/Kernels/kernel is missing.

Note: Another cause for going direct to Windows is if you install Windows UEFI, the BIOS will prefer UEFI over a legacy bootloader such as Chimera/Chameleon.

Hello RehabMan, I have /System/Library/Kernels/kernel and I'm using the Yosemite Multibeast Chimera so it has to be ( you're loading org.chameleon.Boot.plist from somewhere you don't expect ) how can i fix this? as i am a noob and dont know anything about this stuff.

Also thank you so much for your help so far.

Have you tried to boot after removing the Windows HDD?

If not, Could you please try it. Remove all other HDD/SSD and connect only the OS X HDD/SSD to the first 3Gbps SATA port (Lowest Numbered) on the motherboard. Then check the booting after setting the drive as your primary boot device on BIOS.

Also which version of BIOS firmware you are running now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back