Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Asus N53SV
I7 Sandybridge
6GB ram
Native Apple intelcpu management

I upgraded to yosemite via unibeast. I had to boot from the usb stick because my bootloader kept saying can't find kernel_mach. So the installation went smooth but the problem is that in order to boot into yosemite, I have to use the bootloader from the usb stick. How do I update my bootloader on the hardrive to avoid this?

I've installed clover and my EFI filesystem has the EFI, BOOT and Extra folders. It appears that my system is still using chameleon for some reason.

The other thing is that my ApplePS2Elantrackpad.kext isn't being loaded so I cannot use the mouse and keyboard. Anyone have an idea how to fix these issues?

Asus N53SV
I7 Sandybridge
6GB ram
Native Apple intelcpu management

I upgraded to yosemite via unibeast. I had to boot from the usb stick because my bootloader kept saying can't find kernel_mach. So the installation went smooth but the problem is that in order to boot into yosemite, I have to use the bootloader from the usb stick. How do I update my bootloader on the hardrive to avoid this?

I've tried re-installing clover and my EFI filesystem has the EFI, BOOT and Extra folders. It appears that my system is still using chameleon for some reason.

The other thing is that my ApplePS2Elantrackpad.kext isn't being loaded so I cannot use the mouse and keyboard. Anyone have an idea how to fix these issues?

Decide first whether you're going to use Clover or Chameleon or Chimera. Then use the appropriate standalone installer to install it.

I used the standalone UEFI installer for clover but when I restart my laptop it still boots using chameleon bootloader.

I used the standalone UEFI installer for clover but when I restart my laptop it still boots using chameleon bootloader.

Then perhaps you don't have UEFI boot enabled in BIOS.

Then perhaps you don't have UEFI boot enabled in BIOS.

UEFI Boot is enabled
GUID Partition table
Dual Boot Windows 7 and OSX Yosemite

I fresh installed yosemite(mouse and keyboard work now)
I Reformatted EFI partition
Fresh installed Clover twice

First install options

-Install Clover for UEFI motherboards
-Install clover in ESP
-Install RC scripts on target volume
-I receive boot0af error

Second install options

-Do not install clover for UEFI
-Install clover in ESP
-Install boot0af in MBR
-Clover bootloader loads but when I select yosemite I recieve a Kernel Panic

AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xsomebull****): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.48.12/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1514

I don't have any options to configure UEFI boot for my SATA HDD but I do have options to configure UEFI boot for my usb stick

UEFI boot is not important to me, I'd be perfectly content without it but I keep receiving that kernel panic^^^

When I boot using my yosemite installer USB stick with chimera, I don't receive any Kernel Panics

could use some help troubleshooting

UEFI Boot is enabled
GUID Partition table
Dual Boot Windows 7 and OSX Yosemite

I fresh installed yosemite(mouse and keyboard work now)
I Reformatted EFI partition
Fresh installed Clover twice

First install options

-Install Clover for UEFI motherboards
-Install clover in ESP
-I receive boot0af error

boot0af is not used by Clover UEFI.

boot0af is not used by Clover UEFI.

Ok I gave up on UEFI booting. Which is why I tried the second install. It fixed the boot0af error but now I'm getting a Kernel panic(see previous post)

AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xsomebull****): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.48.12/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1514

Probably caused by Clover DSDT "Fixes". Such options in the config.plist are best avoided.

Probably caused by Clover DSDT "Fixes". Such options in the config.plist are best avoided.

Awesome got everything working except for my wireless mouse. Having some issues with appleusbehci unable to load. Any fixes?

Awesome got everything working except for my wireless mouse. Having some issues with appleusbehci unable to load. Any fixes?

Look in system.log for USB related messages that might help troubleshoot the problem.

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back