Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a Hack Pro with an Asus Rampage IV Extreme MB, a generic bluetooth dongle, and a Logitech K811 bluetooth keyboard. It is also dual booted with Windows 8.1. Windows has taken priority and autoboots unless you go into BIOS mode (hold F8) and select the Mac SSD. During the booting process the computer doesn't acknowledge the existence of the keyboard until the OS is booted.

How can I either:

1. Boot into BIOS mode with my Logitech K811 keyboard
or
2. Have OSX be the priority OS
or
3. Both would be best!

Well for the bluetooth question, if it doesn't work in bios with your current dongle, you just have to get a new dongle that you know will work. This one works great in both bios and mavericks. (Does not work in windows 8.1 for me anyways.. i switch it out for another one if i go into windows)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E96JBK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the booting into mac, if tinkering with the boot device does not work you may need to go back to the drawing board and follow the recommended advice of installing windows with legacy mode on (NO EFI) then switching it back to install mac OS.

I may be completely wrong on that last one, it's what I ended up doing and then selecting the right drive in boot order. But i'm still a beginner with hackintosh

I'd be very interested if anyone knows of a boot back to windows solution, a la bootchamp in regular OS X. I use the same keyboard as OP, and it's great but doesn't work prior to OS load. Would be good not to have a second usb keyboard around all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back