Gigabyte H370-HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Recently, I decided to take a shot with buying new WD Black SN770, 1TB nVME SSD. had USB built with Ventura 13.3.1, OC 0.9.1 (customized based on this guide
[GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6

My issues are:
1. Booting process took forever, to see the welcoming screen;
2. Disk Utily, there is no nVME drive at all;

Not a great MOBO, GA H370 HD3

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 49
  • opencore-2023-04-10-003600.txt
    256 KB · Views: 21
Hi - I had a look at your EFI Folder and unfortunately it has quite a few errors, I have configured an EFI Folder with your machine's data for you to try on a test USB drive.

Do not discard your old EFI Folder just incase you run into snags with this one. Boot off this new EFI Folder and clear NvRAM at the boot screen menu by hitting the Spacebar and choose the NvRAM Icon which will induce a reboot then hopefully go on to the Desktop all being well. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
Hi - I had a look at your EFI Folder and unfortunately it has quite a few errors, I have configured an EFI Folder with your machine's data for you to try on a test USB drive.

Do not discard your old EFI Folder just incase you run into snags with this one. Boot off this new EFI Folder and clear NvRAM at the boot screen menu by hitting the Spacebar and choose the NvRAM Icon which will induce a reboot then hopefully go on to the Desktop all being well. Good luck.
Reset NVRAM was the major step I missed initially, I can tell now. Thanks for the help. It booted much quicker, and installing right now. Cheers, Mate.

Did you use your old EFI or the one I posted for you? Any which way I am glad you got sorted. :thumbup:

I was only able to boot with the EFI folder from you. Even after installation, I was trying to add BT/WIFI kexts in, system won't boot, weird. Will have to diagnosis it step by step. :headbang:Thanks a bunch.:headbang:

BTW, my samsung SSD seems to be fine under Ventura, not as system partition still on Big Sur though.

BTW, my samsung SSD seems to be fine under Ventura, not as system partition still on Big Sur though.
I would recommend if possible use a second SSD Drive for Ventura that way at least you'll still have working machine under Big Sur.

PS - I meant to tell you, you have too many kexts to get B/Tooth to work and they are causing a conflict with each other. You cannot use AirportBrcmFixup.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext together, if my memory serves me.
Seriously, I would try without any of them leaving only the IntelMausi.kext and see the result.

Back