Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
This should be a quick and easy fix (hopefully)

I have successfully installed El Capitan on a SSD and had everything running perfectly with Clover booting at startup. Today, I decided to install Windows 10 on a different SSD. When I did the install, I unplugged my Mac OS SSD and installed Windows 10 on the separate SSD successfully.

Now, when I have both of my hard drives plugged in, it would skip the Clover boot screen and go straight into Windows 10. If I unplug the Windows 10 SSD, I would get the Clover boot screen (but only with the Boot into Mac or Boot into Recovery Option).

Additional side note: if I unplug Windows 10 SSD, and boot into Mac, after shutting down and plugging back the Windows 10 SSD, I will get the Clover option and see the options to boot into Mac OR "Boot Windows from Legacy HD2" (See Screenshot. However, this could be unrelated because of an earlier unsuccessful Windows 7 install).
20160102_211956.jpg

Plug in both HDDs.

Go into BIOS choose the Mac SSD as the first HDD to boot from (as EFI)

You will have to choose / remove in Clover what hard drive should be selected as default. What shouldn't show at all, etc.

Thank you for the reply. I realized that in BIOS it was already set as the Mac SSD EFI as the default boot drive. I think what was tricking me was that if I selected "restart," then it would boot directly to Windows again, but if I shut down, and turn it back on, I would get back to the Clover screen.

As for removing the drives that show up on the Clover list, how would I go about doing this? I figured it would be under the "Boot" Section of the Clover configurator but I cannot see any option to do so. While we are on this topic, would I be able to remove the Boot from Mac Recovery option as well, so that it would only show the Boot to Mac and Boot to Windows Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back