Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok I finally got it to boot correctly without the cd, but now I'm trying to get it to boot between windows 7 and mac snow. The OSs are on seperate hard drives and when I booted it just froze and mounting. and also I tried to make it show apple logo and install a Chameleon theme, but that didn't work either.

ok this is what you should do alrite.

-take ou the tony bootsCD
-get to Snow leopard.
-and follow this
STEP 5: INSTALL CHAMELEON TO SNOW LEOPARD PARTITION
If you haven't already installed Chameleon to your Snow Leopard drive, do so now. If you followed any of my guides, this step will be unnecessary.

1. Download tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip from top of page.
2. Open Apps folder
3. Open PC EFI 10.1
4. Click Continue, then Change Install Location…
5. Select Snow Leopard and click Continue
6. Click Install, and then type your password.

then go to Bios and set your Snow Leopard Hard drive to 1st priority since you have 2 separate hard drives for 2 operating systems (this makes it easier for you than others you know)

That's it and you are good to go.

I did that already and it boots and i set it to first. with out the other hd it boots fine, but with it plugged in it doesnt it just freezes

colinhb88 said:
I did that already and it boots and i set it to first. with out the other hd it boots fine, but with it plugged in it doesnt it just freezes

Hi Colin,

What you are experiencing reminds me of a problem I had to solve.
So you have two HD one with Win7 and the other one with SL, right ?
When you try to boot your Win7 from chameleon do you have a BSOD right from the start with a message saying STOP: 0x0000007B ??

If yes that's probably because you installed Win7 on a disk of its own using the standard motherboard settings and so the AHCI drivers are not installed in Windows. You need to enable them so that chameleon can start you win7. Here is the cure:
Boot back to your Win7 install alone (BIOS need to be set for IDE) and do the following regedit magic:
1. Click Start, Regedit, Enter.
2. If you receive the User Account Controldialog box, click Continue.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
5. In the right pane, right-click Starting the Name column, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value databox, type 0, and then click OK.
7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
Now put your second drive back (SL) and boot to Chameleon (BIOS need to be set back to AHCI) your Win7 install should be booting alright without any BSOD.

Don't know if this will solve your problem but it surely solved mine!

Cheers,

Chris

no it just freezes when mounting, but without the other hard drive its fine

Colin,

What do you mean by "mounting" ?
Do you mean that your system freezes when you connect your Win7 HDD to your Mobo ?
When does the boot sequence stop in such situation ?
Also, if you only connect your win7 disk, can you boot on it ?

C-

I remember I had something like this happening when I was first installing OSX having my w7 drive on and off. Unfortunately I don't how I solved it because I had to reinstall several times to get it right. I do think though that installing WITH the w7 drive in place is the right way to do it.

Sorry I can't help but at least it's not something too uncommon so probably someone will figure it out.

Now that my system is all good, I can boot to w7 either by setting the bios priority or by the chameleon prompt, both ways work fine.

Hi, I have the config you have. 2 HD's one with SL one with W7. I originally installed W7 when HD was in IDE mode. I changed the controller to AHCI and no more W7. I had to change controller back to IDE and edit registry then reboot, go into BIOS, change controller to AHCI and it booted. Did you install W7 while controller was in IDE mode?

By reading you message you say it will boot with either drive but not both. Are you changing anything when you do this other than unplugging the HD's? Are all of your controllers set to AHCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back