Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte-GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GT 640
HI,
Got Mavericks installed ok, but won't boot without the usb drive, and I can't boot multi beast from the menu. Also sound is not working.

I am not sure GFX card driver is loaded either, menus set to transparent, but are not, although it does show correct case on menu. GFX car is: Gigabyte ge force GT 640.

on bios, VT-d is enabled, but is greyed out so unable to disable this.
My MB is Gigabyte GA-z87X-D3H.

I have to leave the usb stick in, and boots on second time round.....

Please can anyone advise how I can resolve this?

Many thanks.

So have you used MultiBeast yet? If so, try to boot with -f -x and if you can get through, boot with -f -v and post pics of the last few screens after the font changes where errors are displayed. Make sure you're booting from the installation and not the USB drive installer.

With pictures of the verbose boot (-f -v), others on this forum can definitely provide help.

Good luck!

Actually, do a -f -x first, go to org.chameleon.boot.plist file in /Extra via Finder, add the dart=0 bootflag. Try booting normally on your installation (not USB), if it works, you're good to go!

Otherwise, try posting the -f -v pics as I said earlier.

Ok, I installed and ran multibeast, chose DSDT free, as series 8 gigabyte boards apparently don't need DSDT....Installed ok, but when I reboot I have totally messed it up now as I can not even boot osx.

I get EBIOSread error: error 0x31
block 0x0 sectors 0

then after a few seconds I get the chimera screen. I have tried booting with -f -x flags but get the following screen:
P1010437.jpg

if I boot with flags -f -v I get:

P1010438.jpg

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back