Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
FoxConn AT-7330
CPU
i3-3227u
Graphics
HD4000
Hi, I really need some help please.

To start I think I should point out that I have written Chimera to HDD.
I have tried several iterations of chameleon/chimera and Clover boot loader on hard drives of all sizes.
USB flash drive UniBeast will boot every time but connecting the HDD to USB or internal SATA and the BIOS can't see it at all. I tried creating an installer on a separate partition to see if that would work but still no joy!!

Install was a success and QE/CI is working. If I could just get the thing to boot without USB :problem:
Specs are:
LifeBook P701 12.1"
i3-2330m HD3000
BIOS rev. 1.07

If someone could help please?

Hi, I really need some help please.

To start I think I should point out that I have written Chimera to HDD.
I have tried several iterations of chameleon/chimera and Clover boot loader on hard drives of all sizes.
USB flash drive UniBeast will boot every time but connecting the HDD to USB or internal SATA and the BIOS can't see it at all. I tried creating an installer on a separate partition to see if that would work but still no joy!!

Install was a success and QE/CI is working. If I could just get the thing to boot without USB :problem:
Specs are:
LifeBook P701 12.1"
i3-2330m HD3000
BIOS rev. 1.07

If someone could help please?

Check your BIOS settings. If you have UEFI use Clover...

Check your BIOS settings. If you have UEFI use Clover...

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. I was about to update my post. There is no UEFI but I have now got as far as Clover menu but after setting boot flags it only loads up as far as "your UUID is"... etc. The HDD is active but it nothing more comes on screen.

I turned all the usual things off in BIOS .

Any other ideas please?
Thanks a lot man

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. I was about to update my post. There is no UEFI but I have now got as far as Clover menu but after setting boot flags it only loads up as far as "your UUID is"... etc. The HDD is active but it nothing more comes on screen.

Any other ideas please?
Thanks a lot man

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 41
Thanks I will look now.

Hi again. So I checked out the Clover guide and tried it to no avail..... No volumes where detected at the Boot loader menu BUT I have since discovered that the BIOS will only read the boot loader (Chimera/Chameleon) when the USB is erased as NTFS with an HFS partition. That explains why there is no boot from the HDD at all since it was formatted completely as HFS. I'm pretty sure there are a few guides for this kind of issue?

Success

SUCCESS!!!

I Erased the USB as MS DOS FAT then partitioned as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and created an installer using Chimera to boot. Then set up the HDD the same way and installed. Used a HDD to USB and write Chimera to the HDD from another Hac. This was due to Boot Error0 on first attempt.
It is now booting with no issues :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back