Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
My problem is that I cannot boot Lion from my hard drive. I can boot it from the installation DVD and thats it. Whenever I try to boot from hard drive it says: "Operating system not found". This leads me to believe that the boot loader did not install correctly. I do have Chameleon installed but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Maybe when I installed I should have set the drive to MBR instead on GUID but I'm hoping thats not the problem.
I've installed it multiple times, everything seems in order, even changed the boot priority - nothing.
I have Windows 7 on my first hard drive and Mac OSx on my second hard drive. They are completely separate I think.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sorry to bump, but this is getting desperate, I've tried everything!

Can you make it so that it the default hard drive? Perhaps you have a 4k drive which is a problem.

If you mean by default, first in booting priority order then yes. Still can't find operating system.
And how would I check to see if my hard drive is 4k, although I don't believe it is.

Thanks a lot for replying

I ran chkdsk and it reports that there are 4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
What exactly does this mean with regards to me being able to boot

Thanks a lot

Seems like I fixed the problem by setting the partition table to MBR instead of GUID.
This shouldn't really cause a problem but it does apparantly.

BobbieD said:
Seems like I fixed the problem by setting the partition table to MBR instead of GUID.
This shouldn't really cause a problem but it does apparantly.

It sounds very easy how you said it, change to MBR, I have the same problem, may I asked which guide you followed which worked to install all to MBR?

Thanks so much for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back