Radeon 6870 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I've got a functional machine built off a GA-Z77-DS3H MB and i73770K. Been really happy over the ~6 months I've had it, with the exception of 1 thing: On occasion, (About half the time) when I boot up, the computer just doesn't boot. It powers on and things appear to be running, and the monitor recognizes it, but nothing shows up. Sometimes, it will stay up for about 30s-1m, and then will just power off. The BIOS doesn't show. On occasion, however, a Gigabyte splash (Different than BIOS) flashes for a few seconds. The only way I've found to fix the problem is just unplugging the machine and trying again as many times as it takes to work. Once the BIOS screen shows, it always powers on normally. The issue is getting that 100% of the time. I'm not sure if my MB is defective or I need to update my BIOS (I don't have a Windows machine and haven't updated my BIOS yet) but it's starting to become quite annoying. Can anyone think of a fix that has helped them with a similar issue or they believe will fix my issue?

Thanks

Updating the BIOS to see if that helps now....

EDIT:
Update didn't fix anything, just makes the BIOS take longer to show up (when it does)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back