Contribute
Register

Booting issues, seems like no cores are being loaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.8.1 - ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
CPU
Core i7 3930k
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
photo (1).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto.jpg

Can someone tell me what is wrong, and please don't tell me to search I have been searching its almost 7am I need some sleep now.

You are having a kernel panic on the kext NVClockX.kext which is one of the FakeSMC plugins.

Boot using your USB drive and go to /System/Library/Extensions. Find FakeSMC.kext. Right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents".

Go to Contents/Plugins and find the NVClockX.kext and delete it.

Boot your ML installation using -f to force the kernelcache to be rebuilt.

Alright I am a noob to hackintosh, I tried giving it a god but I don`t understand very well lol

So I boot from USB, than I choose my USB ML install unibeast? or the ML HDD?

Than what do I do from there, I currently cant do anything with the ML HDD because obv its the same as booting without unibeast. The same error and I have it stuck running in -v.

So can you tell me in more depth lol

he gave you an indepth answer. you cant get more indepth than that to solve the issue.

did you randomly select items in multibeast? do a clean install from the beginning, and read up on what to select in multibeast. you can use the same settings as the p8x79 and p8x79 pro boards etc as they are all pretty much identical

tbh, judging by your other threads/posts, i dont think hackintoshing is for you.

Don't have to be so blunt about things do we? He told me to remove 1 kext. That kext is apart of FakeSMC.kext. All builds I saw have used FakeSMC.kext so a clean install "checking what i select" isn't the fix. Are you sure you read through the entire thread? How can hacintosh be for someone who never has used it, not all are just pure genius at something in first site. His reply wasn't clear he just says boot from usb and go there, he doesn't describe to use unibeast USB or HDD installs, or even what to do when i get into it?

you can do it through single user mode

I opted to go with the minimal-typing drag-and-drop method. I thought it would be easier. Guess I was wrong.

Use your USB Unibeast drive to boot your ML hard drive - the one that won't boot otherwise.

When you get to the Desktop, double-click on the ML drive icon. Double-click on the System folder and then the Library folder and then the Extensions folder.

Scroll the window until you find FakeSMC.kext. The offending kext is INSIDE FakeSMC.kext.

Right-click on FakeSMC.kext and in the menu that pops up, select "Show Package Contents"

In the window that opens, double-click on the Contents folder and then the Plugins folder.

Find the NVClockX.kext. Drag it to the Trash. It will give an error and ask for your password. Give your password. Empty the Trash. Close all windows.

Reboot the computer. At the Chimera screen with the red apple, stop the boot process and type -f. Select your ML hard drive and press <Enter> to continue booting.

rlf156: You are a patient dude... :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back