Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 2048 MB

Hard drive 500GB DATA Disk
Motherboard P8Z68-V/GEN3
Memory
Corsair Vengeance Blue Memory

The problem:
I cannot boot my computer directly on to Maverick operating system

What i do to get on Maverick OS:
I currently boot from my usb. When i load into the usb i select the maverick option and it lets me boot onto the maverick operating system.

What happens when i try to boot into the Maverick operating system without the usb:
i get a black screen with an underscore that flashes at the top left hand corner.

What i have tried:
installing chameleon and using this as a boot loader ( this makes my boot get a error message called 'panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002dc19e')

Would be grateful for some help
Thanks!

Hello friend,

i followed the guide closely. the problem arises when i try instal chameleon.
i've spent two days on the forums looking for a solution, i could not find one. have you got any suggestions?

I will look at the forum rules and fill in my profile now

Thanks

I will look at the forum rules and fill in my profile now
Where you have written Hackintosh in your profile please put your mainboard model number.
In your gfx card, please put the rest of the numbers of the model instead of 6xxx - there are many 6 series gfx cards and which you have makes a difference f you want advice that works.

[Bump] Update information on profile about my computer.

[SOLVED] pm if u want solution

Please tell me i have an active post with my problem:beachball:

Hi Johnman123,

Tried to Pm you but the system says your pm is offline. I have the same issue as you with the panic (cpu....... error on booting. I was hoping you could pm me your solution.

Cheers,
Readie

Hi Johnman123,

Tried to Pm you but the system says your pm is offline. I have the same issue as you with the panic (cpu....... error on booting. I was hoping you could pm me your solution.

Cheers,
Readie

I also have the same problem and can't PM you.. please post your solution publicly for the sake of the future? :)

Sorry for the late replies guys.

So what i done is boot through the usb to get onto the operating system. every time i was on the operating system i would change the kernels until it worked. so i changed my quick install method to with DSDT and this worked for my computer.

i would suggest that you should try installing different combinations of kernels!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back