1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte P67a-UD4-B3
Radeon HD 6870
16gb Corsair Dominator
SL 10.6.7

I finally got everything installed and booted without iBoot for the first time. It feels very fast...

Geekbench: 10531
Cinebench 40.20fps/6.78pts
xbench: 429.41

... but I can't figure out how to get it to boot into 64bit. I enabled it in the BIOS properly (shows 64bit under HPET ), but it's not loading. What am I missing?

Also, how are those scores?

Did you select 64-Bit boot in multibeast? What does 64-bit-kernel and -extensions say in system-profiler -> software? Yes or no? System should boot into 64-Bit by default. Geekbench score is 32-bit? You should get around 13000 (64-bit geekbench) with EIST, all C-States enabled, iMac11,X identifier and without NullCPUPowerManagement. With NullCPUPowerManagement it's 1000 lower. Anything else than iMac11,X slows down my system (it's actually noticeable, not only the scores are low) if I don't use NullCPUPowerManagement.

Doh! Forgot to enable the 64-bit thing in MultiBeast. That fixed that issue. I got rid of NullCPUPowerManagement, changed to iMac11.2... and i'm at a geekbench 12720.

And I'm really not sure what settings to tweak in the BIOS.... EIST, C-States. Can you explain (maybe) what performance boost they give?

I didn't try my Bluetooth yet.

What are you using for ethernet/wireless?

got it up to:
geekbench: 12728
cinebench: 42.19/6.81
xbench: 436
:D

EIST and C-States are power management features. They are enabled by default. Disabling them causes a performance drop (if not using nullcpupowermanagement), especially EIST. For ethernet I'm using the official realtek driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back