Contribute
Register

Booting error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, just beware Clover Configurator might be making broken config.plist - like the one you uploaded in #4

So just install like in the Installation Guide and after that I'll use MultiBeast to select options:
  • UEFI Boot Mode
  • Audio - ALC1150 + 100/200 Series Audio
  • Misc - I need something here?
  • Network - IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
  • USB - Increase Max Port Limit? (or not?)
  • Bootloaders - Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
  • Graphics Configuration - NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag (I need Nvidia Graphics Fixup too?)
  • Systems Definitions - iMac 14.2
That's what I selected all day but nothing works.

Had that error and found out that my Clover DSDT options were almost all checked. Uncheck them all and retry.

Clover Boot Menu
3rd option from left (under boot drives)
When you find a long list of options starting with AddDTGP, uncheck all of them.

Try to boot into the install again. If that's not it, I'll need to see your config.plist.

Open Clover Configurator
Left Pane > Mount EFI
Choose the Install Drive (where the installer is)

Use Finder to go to the EFI Folder.

EFI/Clover/config.plist

Click Upload a file over here-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Select that file.

You just lost me.
Clover Boot Menu (when booting?)

I just made another Bootable Stick from 0 and want to try again. Need to make some changes before starting?
I attached the config.plist from usb stick.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 172
Have you been using Clover configurator? Try attached .plist

I don't know what you changed but it's working now from SSD.
Now I want to make a clean instal...because on this one I tried and changed a lot of things...

Can you tell me what I need to do to make it working from ssd?
Using your config.plist?

I tried for like 10 times with APFS or without, I get the same error.
I uploaded my clover folder.

VT-d - disable
OS Type to Other OS
IO Serial Port - disable
XHCI Handoff to Enabled
IOAPIC 24-19 Entries - disable

I don't have any config.plist in acpi/patched...

I reinstalled 10 times MacOS today and nothing...I don't know what I can do more.
Thanks.

• Your MAJOR problem is an EMPTY /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder along with Numbered folders all of which are also empty.
  • CLOVER boot loader will ignore numbered folders when "Other" is present.
  • But if "Other" is Empty of all kexts esp FakeSMC, config.plist cannot guide Clover to its destination using the non-apple hardware.
  • Config.plist has to use contents of this and other important folders, example: "drivers64UEFI" to initiate and continue booting. [See image of your CLOVER as a Screen shot]
  • Your drivers64UEFI is properly stocked with needed drivers.
  • Empty kexts /Other
    • No Hackintosh without FakeSMC.kext in Other
  • A fresh install if done the same way as above, will end up failing.
  • I did not check your config.plist for errors as it is irrelevant when "Other" is already empty.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    92 KB · Views: 70
  • Your MAJOR problem is an EMPTY /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder along with Numbered folders all of which are also empty.
  • CLOVER boot loader will ignore numbered folders when "Other" is present.
  • But if "Other" is Empty of all kexts esp FakeSMC, config.plist cannot guide Clover to its destination using the non-apple hardware.
  • Config.plist has to use contents of this and other important folders, example: "drivers64UEFI" to initiate and continue booting. [See image of your CLOVER as a Screen shot]
  • Your drivers64UEFI is properly stocked with needed drivers.
  • Empty kexts /Other
    • No Hackintosh without FakeSMC.kext in Other
  • A fresh install if done the same way as above, will end up failing.
  • I did not check your config.plist for errors as it is irrelevant when "Other" is already empty.

Sorry for this noobish questions but I just followed the guide from the forum.

And now if I'll install again the macOS High Sierra what I need to do extra? (add FakeSMC.kext to Other folder?)

Thank you for you kindness.

I don't know what you changed but it's working now from SSD.
Now I want to make a clean instal...because on this one I tried and changed a lot of things...

Can you tell me what I need to do to make it working from ssd?
Using your config.plist?
In the config.plist i just deleted all the ACPI 'Fixes' - for some reason lately a number of plists are getting spammed with sequentially-enabled fixes with the new 'friendly names' - causing ACPI errors. It could be Clover Configurator or maybe something else.

In the config.plist i just deleted all the ACPI 'Fixes' - for some reason lately a number of plists are getting spammed with sequentially-enabled fixes with the new 'friendly names' - causing ACPI errors. It could be Clover Configurator or maybe something else.

That's exactly what I was telling him to do. You can do it in Clover Configurator and you can do it at the Clover Boot Menu. I told him to do it at the menu.

So just install like in the Installation Guide and after that I'll use MultiBeast to select options:
  • UEFI Boot Mode
  • Audio - ALC1150 + 100/200 Series Audio
  • Misc - I need something here?
  • Network - IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
  • USB - Increase Max Port Limit? (or not?)
  • Bootloaders - Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
  • Graphics Configuration - NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag (I need Nvidia Graphics Fixup too?)
  • Systems Definitions - iMac 14.2
That's what I selected all day but nothing works.

You just lost me.
Clover Boot Menu (when booting?)

I just made another Bootable Stick from 0 and want to try again. Need to make some changes before starting?
I attached the config.plist from usb stick.

You had a LOT of unneccessary fixes checked in your config.plist. I had the SAME ERROR on one of my installs and unchecking them ALL fixed it.

I fixed the config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 168
You had a LOT of unneccessary fixes checked in your config.plist. I had the SAME ERROR on one of my installs and unchecking them ALL fixed it.

I fixed the config.plist.

Thank you.
I'll install again on fresh and I'll change the config.plist with yours and that's all :D
Thank again!

And now if I'll install again the macOS High Sierra what I need to do extra? (add FakeSMC.kext to Other folder?)

Thank you for you kindness.

The Tonymac GUIDE by far the best, is not a Tutorial or HowTo Manual for a SPECIFIC set of hardware. It gives a general guideline with step by step approach which would apply in majority of Builds with different Intel based Motherboards but the steps may have to be altered depending up on what hardware each individual is buying for their hackintosh build. It is almost like the older Mapquest driving directions and not like the updated Google Maps in iPhone for driving to your final destination address.

The Unibeast, the Installer creating software is a two- in -one tool that converts a properly partitioned and formatted flash disk in Disk Utility of a Hack or Mac (8-16GB) into a macOS Installer disk using macOS installer from AppleStore in Application folder with Clover EFI bootloader and config.plist suitable for majority but NOT all hardware as long as the BIOS options are also chosen on individual Motherboard based on its BIOS menu to boot that macOS boot disk.

There is absolutely no guarantee that a Unibeast created USB installer will succeed to reach Installation Screen and find the Hard disk you have chosen and format and initiate installation in all the hardware 100% of the time.

The best Guide for a Specific set of hardware will be a manual for that hardware someone has created with ample illustrations and specific pointers and posted in a Forum like this.

Once the Unibeast installer is run on the Hard disk, it just transfers the Operating System files from the installer disk to the target hard disk; but its EFI partition will be waiting for a Bootloader like Clover.efi to be installed using Multibeast (many tools in one) that will also help you to install Clover EFI present in it [that is NOT the Latest] as UEFI or Legacy mode ( most modern MoBo are better in UEFI mode), provide kexts like Audio/Ethernet/USB and also help Customize with some Graphics ( current MB far better than the ones before) , and provide System Definitions all of which are personally chosen NOT automatically installed.

For choice of kexts and Customization, user is responsible ; only the user knows the hardware selected.

Multibeast is NOT a tool that will automatically choose everything for all hardware!

User is responsible to learn about the Chipsets for the major parts of MoBo like Audio/Ethernet/Integrated Graphics/USB /SATA Controllers and any add-on-cards to make the necessary choice in selecting kexts.

If anyone complains about no Ethernet or Wifi or poor Graphics after running Multibeast, it is not alway the mistake of Multibeast or its creators; often it is a user-related problem.

Multibeats installed CLOVER contains a config.plist. It is the User's responsibility to configure that. Many config.plist ACPI menu may have many [√ ]s whether that particular MoBo needs it or not. Some of those choices can harm booting .
The CLOVER/ kexts often contains "numbered folders" and "Other" folder. It is the user who should to determine what they need for their hardware in the Other folder or drivers64UEFI.

This brings to posting for help to the Forum.

Any post that does not include the hardware used for the Build listed according to the Forum rules is a cause for delayed help.

Any post that does not include a screen shot of what the user saw as a problem is just delaying help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back