Contribute
Register

BootCacheControl : Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED BootCacheControl : Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Hey guys !

First of all, I know the question has been asked a high number of times, but I DID resolve it once, but now it occurs again and have tried pretty much everything and every bootflag.

So here is my problem :
I had installed 10.8.2 around two years ago, and everything worked perfectly fine, but I wanted to update like 2 days ago, which i did, but after rebooting I had this error, which I managed to fix using this method : http://www.givemesome.tips/about/ma...ed-waiting-for-dsmos-hackintosh-mac-os-x-318/
So I reinstalled FakeSMC.kext
I then reinstalled all the kext I thought I needed using MultiBeast, though I may have missed some (I did not install any FakeSMC using MultiBeast because I thought it was already installed) because my computer is obviously not booting.
As I said, when I tried to reboot my hackintosh today, I didn't boot again, and after spending 3 hours on trying to solve this problem and trying a lot of combinations of bootflags (-x -f -v npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=No, trying to use the single user mode, disabling VT, etc…), and obviously the same tutorial I used to solve my problem before (because it seems to me it is the same error), but I does not work.
I am finally making this post to hope someone will be able to help me.
When I try to boot using only the "-v" flag, I get this screen : IMG_1988.jpg

Thank you in advance if you can help me (and even if you can't), and I hope you have a nice day ! (nicer than me anyway)

Edit : When I try to do what posts say using single user mode (-s), I get like "Read-only permissions" everytime.

If it stops there and goes no further it is a GPU problem. Did you install Fermi drivers for the GPU on your previous OS X version install? If yes, you probably need to boot with nv_disable=1 and install the drivers for ML version you installed to update.

Thanks for the reply !
I actually did not install Fermi drivers, but when I try to boot using the flag you told me it doesn't work and I get this : image.jpg(I used the flags "-v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 and nv_disable=1) so it still doesn't work, and even though I don't have the BootCacheControl error anymore it still says "Waiting for DSMOS…" :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 303
Waiting for DSMOS without a corresponding DSMOS has arrived implies that FakeSMC.kext is missing or not loaded.

Well, I am sure that I installed it, but how do I know it's loaded ? If you could redirect me to a link or something it would be very kind of you (because I tried the link I put in the first post, and though it worked the first time it doesn't anymore)

Well, I am sure that I installed it, but how do I know it's loaded ? If you could redirect me to a link or something it would be very kind of you (because I tried the link I put in the first post, and though it worked the first time it doesn't anymore)

It's in the Downloads area of this site : Link

Or you can boot from your Unibeast flash drive then run Multibeast and install it.

But I already did that three times and it still doesn't work ! ><

Ok, so I managed to re-re-install FakeSMC.kext, but it seems like it didn't install itself properly because i keep getting a "the system extension cannot be used" message error that says that the FakeSMC.kext extension hasn't been installed properly and cannot be loaded. I am going to try this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65279-updating-fakesmc-guide.html to delete the old files and keep you up to date !

UPDATE : Just to keep you guys informed, after I had reinstalled the FakeSMC.kext, I had a problem with my graphic kexts, and I had to uninstall several graphic kexts, and I now have everything up and running again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back