Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU
Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX970
Hi guys!

I'm doing a clean install on my Hackintosh which used to run on Yosemite (about time to upgrade!).

I've spent the last 48 hours trying to create a functional bootable USB key, without success. All keys I'm creating with all methods I could find on this website and others meet the same issue: after launching the install from Clover, I get a black screen.

I've tried different USB keys, different methods to create the keys and, most important, several install files. At some point, I got High Sierra Patcher to download a new version of High Sierra from Apple's servers (as I could not redownload it from my MacBook Pro). Yet, no luck.

I've changed Bios settings around. I've tried with my old settings, and also with the settings advised on TonyMac.

After two days, I'm running out of ideas (and sleep).

Any thought?

THANKS!

Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UDH7 TH
CPU: Intel i4790
GPU: GeForce GTX 970 GAMING (note that I've removed it for the install as I remember, from my last install, it was causing much troubles if not installed at the end).

Last edited:
UPDATE: After writing my message I've decided to try again with my GPU on.

After launching the install, I got 6-7 lines of "EFI mounting". Then black screen again for a 10 seconds and it went back on the Clover menu. I've launched the Install again and now I'm stuck on the white Apple with no progress bar.

UPDATE AGAIN: After restarting and going through the whole process again, the white apple appeared again. After 30 seconds, a progress bar started. About halfway through it stopped. Now it displays an interdiction sign and won't do anything else (see picture attached). That's the furthest I've been able to go in 48 hours :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_5516 copy.jpg
    IMG_5516 copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
Hi!

I've posted on the forum a few hours back because I'm having the same issue. I don't have any text in the back since I didn't boot in verbose but I do get the prohibitory sign. No answer so far, I really hope someone will have an answer to that :)

Hi!

I've posted on the forum a few hours back because I'm having the same issue. I don't have any text in the back since I didn't boot in verbose but I do get the prohibitory sign. No answer so far, I really hope someone will have an answer to that :)

Did you update clover version, and did you remove the web drivers or uninstall them?

Hi Gigamaxx,

Thanks for helping out!

I've created my key with Clover r4630. As for the webdrivers, this last time I've followed to the letter this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ported-intel-based-pc.235474/#create_unibeast
(Only method that brought me this far, I've tried a whole lot of them just in case)

Options from customize menu: Legacy + Nvidia GPU

I haven't updated my Hackintosh since January 2015 and I'm not that knowledgeable with computers so I'm unsure wether I may have missed something.

Here's the error I get when I boot in verbose.

Attachments

• IMG_5518 copy.jpg
    IMG_5518 copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
Here's the error I get when I boot in verbose.

Did you switch to RX 580? If so use your cursor arrows at clover boot menu and go to “Options” tab and then graphics settings. Uncheck inject Nvidia or any other Nvidia settings.

If you still have Nvidia card do the same as above but go to boot arg and use nv_disable=1.

Hi again,

We're two different people here having the same issue.

haschu0103 did switch to RX 580. I did not, still have my GTX970. And my boot arg is already nv_disable=1. I haven't been able to figure out what else to do!

Hi again,

We're two different people here having the same issue.

haschu0103 did switch to RX 580. I did not, still have my GTX970. And my boot arg is already nv_disable=1. I haven't been able to figure out what else to do!

With nv disable you must also uncheck inject Nvidia and no web drivers for first boot. If it boots then download and install the web drivers.
Remove nv disable and set web drivers =yes and don’t inject Nvidia. Then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back