Contribute
Register

Bootable Installation & 4K graphics install help

Were the post and the issue well described?

• Pretty well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Not very well

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I decided to give hackintoshing a try (first time) though I feel I may be in over by head. I’ve walked through countless tutorials and set up guides that matched as closely as I could find and additionally tried to fix individual problems with specific solution guides though I’ve made little progress. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Set up:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5

Intel Core i7-6700K

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4

SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Solid State Drive

Fenvi Desktop Adapter 802.11ac Wifi+Bluetooth 4.0 BCM94360CD 2.4G/5G Wireless

Acer Predator XB321HK 32" Ultra HD 4K IPS LED Gaming monitor

OS= High Sierra 10.13.2 (or 13.2.07)

Bios settings:

Loaded optimized defaults

VT-d: disabled

Secure boot mode: disabled

IO Serial Port: disabled

XHCI Handoff: Enabled

(Could not find CFG-Lock anywhere)

Software used:

High Sierra 10.13.2 (or 13.2.07)

Unibeast 8.1.0

Multibeast High Sierra Edition

Clover configurator 4.55.0.0

NVIDIA Web driver- 378.10.10.10.25.102

Disk formatted with APFS

*I would list multibeast and clover configurator settings though I’ve tried many different settings from numerous guides and all to no great effect.

Issue description:

1) After making the install usb and booting the computer into it, the install process runs successfully, however after running multibeast and clover configurator to apply the recommended kexts, drivers and settings and performing the reboot, if the install usb is removed before booting then the only boot drive that appears in the boot loader is the high Sierra recovery drive. If the usb remains in, I can select the high Sierra (on SSD) boot drive and boot into the computer.

2) In attempting to install and have the graphics card functioning I’ve either run into black screen of death after Apple logo, or in other set up attempts with different multibeast system definitions (14.2 instead of 17.1) and with different NVIDIA driver options selected, with or without installing the wed drivers, the computer never runs in 4K or as far as I can tell with the graphics card accelerated and driven at all. (Monitor is HDMI into graphics Card). No set up process I’ve discovered leads to the graphics card functioning with the 4K screen. (Though in an attempted windows set up, the screen and graphics card both sing together so they must be capable of operating with the right drivers, kext config, etc.)

ps. The web driver mentioned above is the only one that doesn’t say ‘incompatible with OS’ on trying to open and actually opens, runs, before the reboot to no effect.

3) (smaller and likely related issue) The Computer can’t run normal sleep behavior. I’m not sure if this is possible but surely it must be and I’m just making a mistake. When selecting the sleep function, the screen shows a picture of black with the mouse visible and otherwise continues to stay on.

Any help would be enormously appreciated. I’m very new and was entirely illiterate to these systems prior to this first build attempt and feel there’s more than I could learn in a life time! Thanks in advance!

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

You need to boot with USB install and download and install Clover. After Cover is installed, remove USB drive and reboot, should work. Also will need to copy any relevant kexts from USB installer to installed clover EFI partition.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back