GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm trying to convince my latest stormtrooper ASUS H81T to play ball with OSX. It has a few issues, but this is work in progress. The issue at the moment is that it can't seem to boot from the EFI partition. I tried several things in the BIOS like setting the "Secure BIOS" option to non-windows OS (Other OS) as I thought this was the issue why it would not boot from the (single) hdd. The BIOS is not patched as there is no way to do this at the moment, not from DOS with the Intel tools or from the BIOS, as you get a security verification problem or the tool (Intel) "won't work on this platform"... yikes!

So, machine was not able to boot without the USB Installer stick. So I followed a few tries, including the BOOT0 error fix via the USB installer and terminal. Nada. With Secure Boot option to Windows OS or Other OS doesn't matter. Hmmm.

Then proceeded to move the BOOT section to the EFI partition as described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Step 4 in there did not completely work as I had to mount the EFI partition first but I have done all of it and for all I know it did work.

Rebooting though gave me (finally) something to look at: BOOT0: DONE but then the next line is BOOT1: ERROR.

I then ran into this to try fix the multiple BOOT points maybe: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/85294-fixing-boot1-error-10-8-2-a.html

Now contrary to the OP in that thread, I do have on disk0s2 the 55aa at the end. I only have one HDD in the system, which is disk0, EFI is disk0s1 and Macintosh HD is disk0s2 where the OS sits, no more partitions.

So how do i remove this boot1 error? I bet it has to do with the fact there is something to boot there. Rehabman unfortunately didn't finish what had to be done in case there was a 55aa so... here I am! now what?

The OS I am installing is OS X 10.9.1 BTW.

Anyone? Thanks! When I am finished there's obviously going to be a guide as this board, small as it is, is not for the faint of heart!

Hi,

I'm trying to convince my latest stormtrooper ASUS H81T to play ball with OSX. It has a few issues, but this is work in progress. The issue at the moment is that it can't seem to boot from the EFI partition. I tried several things in the BIOS like setting the "Secure BIOS" option to non-windows OS (Other OS) as I thought this was the issue why it would not boot from the (single) hdd. The BIOS is not patched as there is no way to do this at the moment, not from DOS with the Intel tools or from the BIOS, as you get a security verification problem or the tool (Intel) "won't work on this platform"... yikes!

So, machine was not able to boot without the USB Installer stick. So I followed a few tries, including the BOOT0 error fix via the USB installer and terminal. Nada. With Secure Boot option to Windows OS or Other OS doesn't matter. Hmmm.

Then proceeded to move the BOOT section to the EFI partition as described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Step 4 in there did not completely work as I had to mount the EFI partition first but I have done all of it and for all I know it did work.

Rebooting though gave me (finally) something to look at: BOOT0: DONE but then the next line is BOOT1: ERROR.

I then ran into this to try fix the multiple BOOT points maybe: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/85294-fixing-boot1-error-10-8-2-a.html

Now contrary to the OP in that thread, I do have on disk0s2 the 55aa at the end. I only have one HDD in the system, which is disk0, EFI is disk0s1 and Macintosh HD is disk0s2 where the OS sits, no more partitions.

So how do i remove this boot1 error? I bet it has to do with the fact there is something to boot there. Rehabman unfortunately didn't finish what had to be done in case there was a 55aa so... here I am! now what?

The OS I am installing is OS X 10.9.1 BTW.

Anyone? Thanks! When I am finished there's obviously going to be a guide as this board, small as it is, is not for the faint of heart!

boot1 error means boot1 can't find /boot. Did you copy 'boot' into the root of the EFI partition?

The man himself ! I'm honoured!

Yes, I did do that. Followed it all. I just now on the Asus did a
cd /Volumes/EFI
ls -l

it shows me
total 664
-rw-r--r--@ 1 root admin 339456 Mar 1 14:26 boot

So, I'd say it's there.

The man himself ! I'm honoured!

Yes, I did do that. Followed it all. I just now on the Asus did a
cd /Volumes/EFI
ls -l

it shows me
total 664
-rw-r--r--@ 1 root admin 339456 Mar 1 14:26 boot

So, I'd say it's there.

Did you format EFI partition as HFS? boot1h installed to PBR of EFI partition?

Hi,

I got it to work.

I think I know what happened. I probably did not close TERMINAL and maybe at some RM statement may have deleted the wrong boot or extra directory... yikes.

I followed your guide again, but did a MB install before the /EXTRA copy to the EFI as I had wiped the EFI partition and lost smbios et co. Don't worry, I can regenerate it (well, MB can) and I had copies of DSDT and SSDT.

YAHOOO!!!!

Now it boots. My little storm trooper.... is breathing on its own! Oh tickle me! Oh oops, out of character....

THANK YOU!

It was another case of RTFM and I was kinda careful but not closing Terminal caught me out. STRIKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back