Contribute
Register

"boot0: GPT" "boot0: done" after removing Mac OS from SSD, dual boot with Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a printscreen of what you wanted:

http://i.imgur.com/xEASh3Z.png

OK, boot to windows, format the first partition of the Windows drive NTFS. Clone the Windows install from partition 1 to partition 0. Boot with the install DVD and select repair the boot sector. Boot to the first partition and delete the second. Expand the first partition to include the free space.

Done.

Or you could always make a system image, burn it to a DVD, create a recovery disc, boot with the recovery disc, format the entire drive, restore the disc image to the drive and then repair the boot sector.

OK, boot to windows, format the first partition of the Windows drive NTFS. Clone the Windows install from partition 1 to partition 0. Boot with the install DVD and select repair the boot sector. Boot to the first partition and delete the second. Expand the first partition to include the free space.

Done.

Or you could always make a system image, burn it to a DVD, create a recovery disc, boot with the recovery disc, format the entire drive, restore the disc image to the drive and then repair the boot sector.

Heya, thanks for your answer :) I cloned Windows 7 from my previous SSD to my current already.

When I'm in windows I only see one partition though http://i.imgur.com/oNgVtsr.png

Yep, the drive is 250GB.

Then you are good to go with it. If you want to split it again you can use the Windows disk managemenr tool to shrink the Windows partition and create a new partition in the free space.

Then you are good to go with it. If you want to split it again you can use the Windows disk managemenr tool to shrink the Windows partition and create a new partition in the free space.

What I did was cloning my old SSD that only had Windows 7 on it to my new SSD and I'm still getting the "boot0: GPT" "boot0: done" when booting up.

I dont have any other partitions then the windows partition how do I get rid of the "boot0: GPT" "boot0: done"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back