Contribute
Register

"boot0: GPT" "boot0: done" after removing Mac OS from SSD, dual boot with Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I dual booted Windows 7 and Mac OS on the same SSD, but recently I removed Mac OS because I got a new SSD to install it on.

Whenever I boot up windows now I get "boot0: GPT" "boot0: done" before the Windows login screen.

Any ideas why I get this and how to remove it?

i believe that is Chimera looking for an OSX installation to boot, but not finding one. As well, not 100% on how to remove the boot loader from that drive. Easiest thing would be to wipe it out and re-install windows.

i believe that is Chimera looking for an OSX installation to boot, but not finding one. As well, not 100% on how to remove the boot loader from that drive. Easiest thing would be to wipe it out and re-install windows.

Oh really. I really can't be bothered re-installning, hopefully someone knows how to solve it :)

Oh really. I really can't be bothered re-installning, hopefully someone knows how to solve it :)

Try cloning your windows installation over on to the new SSD. That should remove the boot loader problem. If you wish to have Windows on the first SSD then clone it back. Otherwise re-install. What ever you chose to do I suggest that you back up first.

Good Luck

Adrian B

Try cloning your windows installation over on to the new SSD. That should remove the boot loader problem. If you wish to have Windows on the first SSD then clone it back. Otherwise re-install. What ever you chose to do I suggest that you back up first.

Good Luck

Adrian B

So I cannot remove the chimera bootloader "problem" manually instead of having to clone?

So I cannot remove the chimera bootloader "problem" manually instead of having to clone?

The boot file being looked for is in the root directory of OS X - no OS X = no boot file.

Question for you - what partition is Windows installed on?

partition 0 = efi ~200 Mb
partition 1 = ? Win or OS X?
partition 2 = ? OS X or Win?

Is the OS X partition larger than/smaller than/same size as the Win partition?

The boot file being looked for is in the root directory of OS X - no OS X = no boot file.

Question for you - what partition is Windows installed on?

partition 0 = efi ~200 Mb
partition 1 = ? Win or OS X?
partition 2 = ? OS X or Win?

Is the OS X partition larger than/smaller than/same size as the Win partition?

I don't have a OS X partition on the SSD, I removed all partitions but the Windows 7 one.

I don't have a OS X partition on the SSD, I removed all partitions but the Windows 7 one.

When you had OS X and Windows both installed, what was the setup? If you used some disk management tool to "remove" all partitions except Win7 you screwed up royally. Possibility of fix still exists but is slim.

With both SSDs connected boot OS X, open Terminal and type in

diskutil list

and hit enter. Then command+shift+4, put the mouse pointer on the terminal window, hit spacebar, then enter. Post the resulting pic.

When you had OS X and Windows both installed, what was the setup? If you used some disk management tool to "remove" all partitions except Win7 you screwed up royally. Possibility of fix still exists but is slim.

With both SSDs connected boot OS X, open Terminal and type in

diskutil list

and hit enter. Then command+shift+4, put the mouse pointer on the terminal window, hit spacebar, then enter. Post the resulting pic.

I used Windows Disk Management to remove the OS X partition. I will get the new SSD tomorrow then I'll see what I can do.

Can I install the Windows 7 SSD in my Macbook Pro and do what you told me?

I used Windows Disk Management to remove the OS X partition. I will get the new SSD tomorrow then I'll see what I can do.

Can I install the Windows 7 SSD in my Macbook Pro and do what you told me?

You have to be running OS X to open the terminal. Can you have 2 SSD/HDD in your MBP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back