EVGA GTX 660 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm on my second build and encountered a nasty problem.

Intel DX58SO 1366 (donated by a friend)
EVGA nVidia GTX275 (donated as well)
i7 950

After installing Multibeast (both 3.8 and 3.9), I can't get OSX to boot by itself (both 10.6.3 and 10.6.8). When it tries to load Chameleon, this comes up:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

Others have had this problem as well and it seem to stem from their hard drives being "advanced format" like the WD EARS series. I just ordered 2 identical basic Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 drives with no AF. Tried it on both of them with no success.

Ok I tried it with the binary of Cham 2.0 RC4.

It eliminated a few lines, so instead of

It's now

OK, one last thing to try. Do you hava a spare hard drive handy? or can you install your drive in your first build?

If you can install it in your first build, then great. First, open a terminal and type
diskutil list and hit enter. This should give you your disk identity.
Now, unmount the disc.
with the disk unmounted, manually install Chameleon / Chimera to the unmounted drive.
shut down, move your drive to your other build and try to boot it up. Post results.

If you can't install it in your first build and have another drive handy, clone your install to your spare hd, reboot and select the clone. At the desktop for the clone, open terminal, identify your main install disc, unmount it, manually install Chameleon / Chimera to the unmounted drive - reboot. Post results.

I have the same Seagate Barracuda 500GB (6GB/s) drive and am also getting the boot0: GPT errors like you are. I have tried every method I have found online short of the seperate install method mentioned here. Any luck on fixing it?

My system is a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 at bios v11with a i3 2105, 4GB Gskill 1600 and a Sony Optiarc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back