Contribute
Register

boot0 error with ivy bridge iboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge Based PCs

boot-load-verboise (1).jpgstop screen.jpgmultibeast-setup- savemode  (1).jpgmultibeast-setup- savemode  (4).jpgmultibeast-setup- savemode  (3).jpgmultibeast-setup- savemode  (2).jpg
ailha

Ok lets review - I see that you have a ML USB installer - this was made w the Unibeast method - YES?

And this USB was made w ML 10.8.3.

And you remove the ATI 7770HD video card

You have set in the bios the optimum settings and you have set the video do be internal IGMP and has 64megs set aside for video ram

You have also disabled the settings for VT-D ( virtualization ) in the BIOS.

You boot from the USB and you then install the OSX ML from the thumb drive - and you use the following startup switches

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

You should get to the OSX install screen where you select the disk utilities to prepare the driver as per the Guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

You set the Drive up w two partitions 500 Gigs each, and then follow the install Guide to continue the OSX install to the HD.

You then boot from the USB drive again and use the startup switches as before. You should at this point get to the OSX Desktop.

Where is you follow the Guide we are using MultiBeast to install the options we need to complete the install.

Please take a picture of the Hard Drive and then tell me where this fails.

Provide answers to the questions that I have asked about.

OK. EVERYTHING SEEMS WORK BUT...

I only can see the system running on safe mode. I am getting new archives attached to you appreciate. My system profile is in. And some boot panics are coming. See ya.View attachment MacPro10-8-3-ailha-i51333-DB75EN-HD7770-4gb1333DDR3-1TB.pdf

Ok let´s do it again. Keep on track...

ailha

Nice Avatar ,,, you got her number :lol:

Anyways - Word of advice - when you do your work... DO TAKE NOTES - yes - memories are fleeting - kinda like fish stories - "should have seen the one that got away" which is a reason why cell phones have camera's nowadays ... SO DO WRITE WHAT YOU DO DOWN as well as the results down. Kinda like those Chemistry Lab days ...

In my first adventure which took three weeks - I started to spin my wheels so to speak and made errors until I started w/ a notebook an making notes ( pen and paper notebook).

ailha

Nice Avatar ,,, you got her number :lol:

Anyways - Word of advice - when you do your work... DO TAKE NOTES - yes - memories are fleeting - kinda like fish stories - "should have seen the one that got away" which is a reason why cell phones have camera's nowadays ... SO DO WRITE WHAT YOU DO DOWN as well as the results down. Kinda like those Chemistry Lab days ...

In my first adventure which took three weeks - I started to spin my wheels so to speak and made errors until I started w/ a notebook an making notes ( pen and paper notebook).

YES! THE AVATAR HAS WORKED SINCE YOU KEEP AN EYE OPEN ON ME.

So, now we are talking like adult guys. The mission is becoming impossible as my time is ticking away by now. But i don´t give up, i am a warrior. Brief talking i guess the main solution is in post installation issues. maybe add extra kexts or find the right kind of DSDT on the web or bring a new one on it by my self. Less it has to do with bios setup or kind of GPU conflict. But I did everything w cards unplugged.

If you think i am wrong, please let´s talk. I already have paper and a lot of tint on my brain.

If i decided to move for a new motherboard type ASUS or Gygabyte, what type relative to cost and benefits do you recommend?

I hope for good news from you.

YES! THE AVATAR HAS WORKED SINCE YOU KEEP AN EYE OPEN ON ME.

So, now we are talking like adult guys. The mission is becoming impossible as my time is ticking away by now. But i don´t give up, i am a warrior. Brief talking i guess the main solution is in post installation issues. maybe add extra kexts or find the right kind of DSDT on the web or bring a new one on it by my self. Less it has to do with bios setup or kind of GPU conflict. But I did everything w cards unplugged.

If you think i am wrong, please let´s talk. I already have paper and a lot of tint on my brain.

If i decided to move for a new motherboard type ASUS or Gygabyte, what type relative to cost and benefits do you recommend?

I hope for good news from you.

ailha

As to your choice of motherboard - as the New Hasswell CPU's and MB are now out - the Ivy Bridge should be dropping. I like certain ASUS versions as in my number 3
Some of the Gigabyte MB are approved yet many users have issues - really w mine it was install the Modded BIOS and install the 10..8.2 USB drive and install OSX.
Of course I did have a hack on OSX SL so I was able to get and make ML from that unit.

But this should be durable using the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD. AGAIN searches for this MB in the forums should get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back