ATI Radeon HD7770 ANY SUGGEST?
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Templates
For those of you looking to run Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge CPUs, know that official kernel support and CPU support is not in the OS at all. As a matter of fact, the 2nd gen Sandy Bridge CPUs were only supported starting with 10.6.8. Users have had mixed results using the (now ancient) iBoot Legacy for a fresh install, as shown in the Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide. So we made a new boot CD just for Ivy Bridge CPUs called iBoot Ivy Bridge.

Use the default iBoot + MultiBeast guide, but simply substitute iBoot Ivy Bridge for the default iBoot. With this boot CD, I was able to achieve the following without access to a computer running OS X.

1. Install 10.6 Snow Leopard
2. Update to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
3. Download Mountain Lion 10.8 from App Store
4. Create UniBeast USB to install Mountain Lion 10.8

All without doing any post-installation- just booting directly from iBoot Ivy Bridge. The ultimate goal being Mountain Lion. :thumbup:

iBoot for Ivy Bridge 1.0.0 is now available in tonymacx86 Downloads.

Leave your results here- we'll be working on this some more. :thumbup:

Credits:

• Legacy kernel - posted by stinga11 on osx86.net- created using the Legacy kernel source originally created by naw com, qoopz and kaitek.
  • iBoot 3.3.0
  • Special thanks to MacMan for his work on Chimera 1.11.1

HI MATE,

I am FACING BOOT0 ERROR: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Ivy Bridge process.

The hole process was:

5. UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC
6. Post-Installation Using MultiBeast 5.3.1. w only DSDTfree choosen.

Report with what i supposed to do to solve this issue. Thanks a lot for your care helpful.

CPU CONFIG:
i5 3330 4x 3,3ghz on INTEL desktop board DB75EN executive series
+ ATI Radeon HD7770 + 4gb ddr3 1333 KINGSTON + SATA3 7200 HDD

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge Based PCs

HI MATE,

I am FACING BOOT0 ERROR: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Ivy Bridge process.

The hole process was:

5. UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC
6. Post-Installation Using MultiBeast 5.3.1. w only DSDTfree choosen.

Report with what i supposed to do to solve this issue. Thanks a lot for your care helpful.

CPU CONFIG:
i5 3330 4x 3,3ghz on INTEL desktop board DB75EN executive series
+ ATI Radeon HD7770 + 4gb ddr3 1333 KINGSTON + SATA3 7200 HDD

ailha

As this is not a Guide but a problem it was moved from the Guide -

SO you have done all the steps listed and now you get the dreaded Boot0 error.
You neglected to mention the size and type of hard drive that you are using - a Green Drive is not recommended for a system drive FYI.
You should partition the HD into a smaller size say 500 GB this can be expanded or added onto later.
(I always suggest making it small and move the users dir to another larger volume ) But this can be done later.
So you have Boot0 error
this is caused by the HD sector formats are at 4k - Apple does not use this size they pre
fer the older 512k size. The 4k size is done by the manufactures of the drives so they can make 4GB HDs from 1GB platters.
See this link for resolution - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278198-boot0error-easiest-way-to-fix-
Also
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

you can use your UniBeast install thumb drive for this and boot from it to solve the issues.

I advanced a little more in my case. I am no longer the problem of boot error0, but now have a PANIC of CPUPowerManagement. I wonder also what you mean by Green Drive. I'll have to follow a printscreen so you can track.

ailha

As this is not a Guide but a problem it was moved from the Guide -

SO you have done all the steps listed and now you get the dreaded Boot0 error.
You neglected to mention the size and type of hard drive that you are using - a Green Drive is not recommended for a system drive FYI.
You should partition the HD into a smaller size say 500 GB this can be expanded or added onto later.
(I always suggest making it small and move the users dir to another larger volume ) But this can be done later.
So you have Boot0 error
this is caused by the HD sector formats are at 4k - Apple does not use this size they pre
fer the older 512k size. The 4k size is done by the manufactures of the drives so they can make 4GB HDs from 1GB platters.
See this link for resolution - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278198-boot0error-easiest-way-to-fix-
Also
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

you can use your UniBeast install thumb drive for this and boot from it to solve the issues.

I advanced a little more in my case. I am no longer the problem of boot error0, but now have a PANIC of CPUPowerManagement. I wonder also what you mean by Green Drive. I'll have to follow a printscreen so you can track.

ailha

Can you tell me what version of the iBoot cd you are using. You should be using the iBoot for Ivy Bridge

And in the BIOS turn off VT-d (disable)

ailha

Can you tell me what version of the iBoot cd you are using. You should be using the iBoot for Ivy Bridge

And in the BIOS turn off VT-d (disable)

YES I am using Ivy Bridge iBoot CD and did everything on the script but i am facing the CPUPowerManagement panic. There is a line talking about 5 cores found as well but there is only 4 cores in i5!!! And I did turn off every virtualization extras bios sets.
At this moment i can´t print screen for you but it´s all that i tracked right from the screen in verboise start up mode. I guess the matter of fact is in MultiBeast option along the DSDT then other post-instalation config only apply to intel DB75EN. Is there somewhere records about my config sistem in this site?

I am starting to think move from intel to GA or ASUS MB and simplyfing the hole thing.

YES I am using Ivy Bridge iBoot CD and did everything on the script but i am facing the CPUPowerManagement panic. There is a line talking about 5 cores found as well but there is only 4 cores in i5!!! And I did turn off every virtualization extras bios sets.
At this moment i can´t print screen for you but it´s all that i tracked right from the screen in verboise start up mode. I guess the matter of fact is in MultiBeast option along the DSDT then other post-instalation config only apply to intel DB75EN. Is there somewhere records about my config sistem in this site?

I am starting to think move from intel to GA or ASUS MB and simplyfing the hole thing.

ailha

Unless someone has posted this motherboard in the forums then we may have some settings on it so search the forums for this MB model.

Also I want you to try this the Best Startup Switch- for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD (SL)

-x -v acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

See how far this gets you.

i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install .jpgi5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (2).jpgi5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (3).jpgi5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (4).jpgi5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (5).jpgi5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (6).jpg
ailha

Unless someone has posted this motherboard in the forums then we may have some settings on it so search the forums for this MB model.

Also I want you to try this the Best Startup Switch- for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD (SL)

OK MATE!

If I do that from initial install, do I must download the ML from AppleStore once again? I think so ´cos I´ll format the drive.

Answering the type of my HDD it is 1TB, 500GB for each partition. About Green drive I don´t know what it is.

I attached my actual panic screen after a lot of attempts in combination w DSDT and BIOS setups.

There is no MB forum about the DB75EN intel post installation config help. Is this right?

Thanks a lot buddy to try help me. I can see on the horizon a new MB brand buying.

Attachments

• boot-disk0s2-1.jpg
    boot-disk0s2-1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 185
  • boot-from-usb-1.jpg
    boot-from-usb-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 244
  • boot-usb-2.jpg
    boot-usb-2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Intel-DB75EN-LGA1155.jpg
    Intel-DB75EN-LGA1155.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 296

ailha

OK MATE!

If I do that from initial install, do I must download the ML from AppleStore once again? I think so ´cos I´ll format the drive.

Answering the type of my HDD it is 1TB, 500GB for each partition. About Green drive I don´t know what it is.

I attached my actual panic screen after a lot of attempts in combination w DSDT and BIOS setups.

There is no MB forum about the DB75EN intel post installation config help. Is this right?

Thanks a lot buddy to try help me. I can see on the horizon a new MB brand buying.

Attachments

• Intel-DB75EN-LGA1155.jpg
    Intel-DB75EN-LGA1155.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 161
  • boot-usb-2.jpg
    boot-usb-2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 156
  • boot-from-usb-1.jpg
    boot-from-usb-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 192
  • i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (6).jpg
    i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install (6).jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 140
  • i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (5).jpg
    i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install (5).jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 141
  • i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (4).jpg
    i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install (4).jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 140
  • i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (3).jpg
    i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install (3).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 149
  • i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install  (2).jpg
    i5 DB75EN intel ATI HD7770 SL IvyBridge updated ML install (2).jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 140

OK MATE!

ailha

Ok lets review - I see that you have a ML USB installer - this was made w the Unibeast method - YES?

And this USB was made w ML 10.8.3.

And you remove the ATI 7770HD video card

You have set in the bios the optimum settings and you have set the video do be internal IGMP and has 64megs set aside for video ram

You have also disabled the settings for VT-D ( virtualization ) in the BIOS.

You boot from the USB and you then install the OSX ML from the thumb drive - and you use the following startup switches

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

You should get to the OSX install screen where you select the disk utilities to prepare the driver as per the Guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

You set the Drive up w two partitions 500 Gigs each, and then follow the install Guide to continue the OSX install to the HD.

You then boot from the USB drive again and use the startup switches as before. You should at this point get to the OSX Desktop.

Where is you follow the Guide we are using MultiBeast to install the options we need to complete the install.

Please take a picture of the Hard Drive and then tell me where this fails.

Provide answers to the questions that I have asked about.

Ok let´s do it again. Keep on track...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back