Gigabyte GA-X58A UD7 Rev 1.0
CPU Core i7 930
VGA Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850
HDD : seAgate 1TB

I INSTAL lion 10.7.3 with usb unibeast
i have problem in boot0 error
help me

doncorleone91 said:
dose this method works for os x 10.6.8??

Method #2 does, but Method #1 as written requires UniBeast.

Buenas ideas

I get random boot0 errors too with two SSDs and a 500GB HD connected.
They don't add up to 1TB though: 128+128+500 = 756.
Would this method fix the random errors?

badnam said:
Hi, I have a 1tb seagate barracuda and am receiving the same problem. I have tried the first solution but every time i input the code, my terminal says directory not found. I have checked the disk identifier for the seagate and have input that into the code but still i get nothing. can you please advise.

I am having a similar problem as well. Did you ever come across a solution?
Thanks,

planetmcd said:
badnam said:
Hi, I have a 1tb seagate barracuda and am receiving the same problem. I have tried the first solution but every time i input the code, my terminal says directory not found. I have checked the disk identifier for the seagate and have input that into the code but still i get nothing. can you please advise.

Thanks,
You can't use the code in the OP example directly as "Unibeast Volume Name" is a placeholder where you are supposed to replace it with your UniBeast Volume name since the volume name is user dependent.

I have updated the OP to show an example of this replacement.

MacMan said:
planetmcd said:
badnam said:

Thanks,
You can't use the code in the OP example directly as "Unibeast Volume Name" is a placeholder where you are supposed to replace it with your UniBeast Volume name since the volume name is user dependent.

I have updated the OP to show an example of this replacement.

Holy moly that was a fast response. I should have been more specific in my question, but your edits point me to a new question. I am able to unmount the drive fine and when I run the dd command, I was mapping to the drive I unmounted. If I now follow correctly, I should be running against the thumb drive where unibeast is running? I'll try that.

Hi,

I just ran into this error while trying to install Snow Leopard onto my new rig. Does this work around require Lion? Or can it be used to bypass the error for Snow Leopard 10.6.8?

My hardware setup is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1TB Sata 6 Gb/s
ASUS GeForce GTX 560 GDDR5 PCIe2.0 x16

I believe the issue is, as stated, the use of the 4k sector for this harddrive (although it is just at 1TB capacity). I have installed Snow Leopard using iBoot, ran the updatehelper and then 10.6.8 Combo Update before installing EasyBeast with Multibeast 3.10.1.

I also reconfigured the BIOS settings to boot the HDD first over the CD-DVD ROM. I do not currently have the desire to update to Lion just yet, I want to stabilize the machine with Snow Leopard before updating to 10.7. If anyone has any hints/help for the boot0 error, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks for all your help guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back