1. 0
Installing OSX on a new system.

Here's the specs.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H

CPU: Core i5 760

Graphics: GeForce GT 240 1GB

Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz

Hard Drive: WDC WD10EURS-630AB1 1TB

I am able to OSX installed no problem but when I reboot from the hard drive I am met with this error.

Code:
boot0: gpt
boot0: test
boot0: error

Have tried completely reinstalling several times. Each times with different settings. I have tried using both the DSDT from this website for my board as well as an easybeast install. I have tried manually installing multiple versions of Chameleon to no avail. I have made sure my partition is active. Installed the bootloader to EFI partition.

I have read a couple places that this could be caused by the hard drive I'm using (I really hope not). There is only one partition on the drive. I installed windows and subsequently completely reformatted the drive without a problem when I first built the computer.

I am really at a loss here. I'm trying to install the AnVal Bootloader now, though I'm not sure I am doing right. I've searched this forum and many other for a solution and tried just about everything I found.

Is there any help out there for me? Please let me know of anything I left out.

Re: Boot0: Error.

wingjosh said:
Installing OSX on a new system.

Here's the specs.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H

CPU: Core i5 760

Graphics: GeForce GT 240 1GB

Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz

Hard Drive: WDC WD10EURS-630AB1 1TB

I am able to OSX installed no problem but when I reboot from the hard drive I am met with this error.

Code:
boot0: gpt
boot0: error

Have tried completely reinstalling several times. Each times with different settings. I have tried using both the DSDT from this website for my board as well as an easybeast install. I have tried manually installing multiple versions of Chameleon to no avail. I have made sure my partition is active. Installed the bootloader to EFI partition.

I have read a couple places that this could be caused by the hard drive I'm using (I really hope not). There is only one partition on the drive. I installed windows and subsequently completely reformatted the drive without a problem when I first built the computer.

I am really at a loss here. I'm trying to install the AnVal Bootloader now, though I'm not sure I am doing right. I've searched this forum and many other for a solution and tried just about everything I found.

Is there any help out there for me? Please let me know of anything I left out.
If you use the search function at the forum command bar and search keyword WD10EARS you will find several threads where people had problems with that particular drive. Read their threads to find how they solved the problem (if they did).

Re: Boot0: Error.

Going Bald said:
If you use the search function at the forum command bar and search keyword WD10EARS you will find several threads where people had problems with that particular drive. Read their threads to find how they solved the problem (if they did).

Yes. I searched for and read most of the suggestions I found on this website and others. No of them worked. Also none of them had the same model hard drive as mine. Though they were of the same Western Digital "Green" series.

However, I did get it to work though I'm not quite sure how. I figure for anyone else looking for a solution to this I'll just post what I did in hopes that it helps them. Though again i'm not sure what it was that fixed the issue.

1. I went through the AnVal install instructions here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

I restarted the computer and still the same result. (The boot0: error)

2. Then I downloaded the Chameleon installer found here from the first link:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/02/chameleon-rc5-prerelease-installer.html

This is what seemed to do the trick. I once again restarted the computer and it booted into Chameleon with no issue. It was from here I cautiously used Multibeast to install my DSDT and other Kexts. Once again, I restarted with no issue.

I have no idea why this worked but I'm glad it did.

Witch one of thes RC5 did you use?

Ed

I installed the very first option.

how did you finnaly fix the problem? im having the same problem.

Hi,

I faced the same issue.
The solution is to unmount the partition and then execute dd command :

1) copy boot1h to another partition or a USB thumb.
2) unmount partion rdiskxSz ( umount /Volumes/Name)
3) move to new boot1h location
4) dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskxSz

Regards,

tadartiw said:
Hi,

I faced the same issue.
The solution is to unmount the partition and then execute dd command :

1) copy boot1h to another partition or a USB thumb.
2) unmount partion rdiskxSz ( umount /Volumes/Name)
3) move to new boot1h location
4) dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskxSz

Regards,

Hi, Could you please translate to a "mortal" language ? :oops:
Thanks

Hey tadartiw,

Can you please elaborate? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks
J
GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 Bios10
Seagate 1TB 7200rp hd
16gb ram
I5-2500k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back