Contribute
Register

boot0 error in Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot with the UniBest USB to desktop, at desktop eject USB and run the Chimera install app, reboot.
Report results.

Sorry, now I am TOTALY CONFUSED.
I had asked in my previous posts on this same subject " if UniBeast USB" is for use for BOOTING Snow Leopard? OR is it iBoot CD?
Will appreciate clarifications.
Do I use UniBeast USB OR iBoot CD and does it mean that I have to FRESH install Snow Leopard using UniBeast+Multibeast+UpgradeCombo etc. etc?

Please provide full instructions as necessary.

Thanks and best regards

I had asked in my previous posts on this same subject " if UniBeast USB" is for use for BOOTING Snow Leopard? OR is it iBoot CD?
Do I use UniBeast USB OR iBoot CD and does it mean that I have to FRESH install Snow Leopard using UniBeast+Multibeast+UpgradeCombo etc. etc?

Thanks and best regards

" I notice that UniBeast is for OS X LION and LATER but NOT FOR Snow Leopard"

Thanks and best regards
Sorry, too used to using UniBeast for 10.7. and later.
iBoot CD is correct to use for booting SL. Fresh install is not required.
Boot to desktop, run the Chimera app, eject CD, reboot.

If this does not work get a different drive.

Sorry, too used to using UniBeast for 10.7. and later.
iBoot CD is correct to use for booting SL. Fresh install is not required.
Boot to desktop, run the Chimera app, eject CD, reboot.

If this does not work get a different drive.

I AM VERY SORRY TO BUG YOU and Thank you for your patience!

Tomorrow I will try your above suggestion. But please confirm the SEQUENCE of CHIMERA APP to apply.

Please NOTE as:
A) Once Snow Leopard has been installed, I CAN ACCESS SL DESK TOP Millions of times by using iBoot CD.
B) But AFTER installing UpdateCombo+Multibeast etc, I "CAN NOT" get to S Leopard Desk Top even with booting with iBoot CD.Snap shots already sent earlier.

Question, can I FRESH Install S Leopard and apply CHIMERA+UpdateCombo+Multibeast all before I Reboot?

kind regards

Step by step what you need to do:
1. Boot with iBoot CD
2. At the Chimera/Chameleon screen, eject iBoot CD
3. Insert SL DVD in tray and close - wait until drive spins up and spins down, all light activity ceased
4. Hit F5 to refresh Chimera/Chameleon screen
You should now see the SL install icon.
Hit the spacebar and type:
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1
hit enter. SL installer should boot.
In Disk Utility, erase the drive - not the partition - the drive.
Format the drive GUID partition tables, OS X Extended Journaled.
Install OS X.

Once at the desktop, run MultiBeast, select EasyBeast, Realtek E1000e LAN driver. Forget audio for right now.
Install MultiBeast selections. Eject iBoot CD. Reboot. If you are still getting Boot0 error after this, the firmware of the drive is not going to allow you to use this drive as an OS X boot drive. Suggest a new SSD.

If you are successful, do not run the 10.6.8 Update (combo) immediately. 5 Series Sandy Bridge boards require an additional step. Instead, update to 10.6.7, download http://tonymacx86.com/resources/updatehelper.37/ and run it.
Then install 10.6.8 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back