i7-8700K
Graphics
5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Its been a while I have been in touch with the community:wave:, so I decided to install El Capitan on my computer. So far everything including sleep is working awesome with clover (booting off the installation USB)!! But using the post installation tools for El Capitan (Clover) I installed the bootloader on my HDD. I also thought that clover doesn't have the boot0 error or does it? First I fix it successfully using the boot0 guide, after "fixing" (running the command) I try to boot off the HDD and it shows up with the clover but the Macintosh HD is missing (in the bootloader) (I did this 2 times to confirm:thumbdown:). Also in the installation USB it (The HDD) just magically disappears! (It is a 2TB drive)
Any help would be appreciated (hopefully) I don't have to install OSX again......:banghead: :crazy::crazy::banghead:

Thanks, I'll check it out and how to reinstall bootloader if I can't boot at all?

Thanks, I'll check it out and how to reinstall bootloader if I can't boot at all?

Boot from UniBeast USB. Then reinstall according to the guide. You might check BIOS for UEFI vs Legacy boot order.

Boot with the install USB, and when you get the boot menu just select "Boot OS X from (your system drive)". Once at the desktop, re-run the part of the post-install process that installs the boot loader to the system drive (usually you run a Clover package and then if needed configure the EFI partition).

Edit: Oops, dupe, sorry. :)

Legacy Boot worked fine on the install USB shouldn't it work fine on the HDD too? Also I use legacy because my Windows and linux is not installed on UEFI. I can reinstall everything on UEFI if that helps fix things. At the install OS X screen... Is it possible to "undo" the boot0 fix?

Ok I installed now what? I will still get the boot0 error after installing clover..... Should I install all drivers and stuff? Or wait?

i reinstalled the usb bootloader to MBR, but still getting boot0af : error at boot. Clover Menu doesn't even appear... Hard drive log shows "no active partition"just like the usb bootelader with GUID.

No Active Partition

Stage 0 - Writting boot0af to /dev/disk0
//usr/local/bin/fdisk440 -u -f //usr/standalone/i386/boot0af -y /dev/disk0

Stage 1 - Writting boot1h to /dev/rdisk0s2
File system is HFS.
dd if=/tmp/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

Stage 2 - Written boot6 (x64) to //boot

I think I'll try to install the same exact clover version and settings like the USB.

Just installed clover on HDD now getting boot0af error..... :crazy::crazy::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::crazy::crazy: (booting from FS not going to do the boot0 fix till we have an official fix for this problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back