Contribute
Register

Boot0 Error after MultiBeast/Chimera install Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same error. Maybe I should do the
Code:
sudo dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s1
command from the USB installer. Will try that tomorrow and report it back here.

Code:

It's working fine for me now. Thanks for the guide tony! By the way, I'm making a video about it soon..

Code:

This is the way to do it! I was just rushing through the commands too quickly.

Here is the Official Boot0 guide. Everyone with the new "Advanced Format" or 4K drives needs this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Most new SSD's will have this problem! That is why my MX100 drive was being finicky.

Had the same problem when upgrading to crucial MX100. For those getting "Resource Busy" or "Permission Denied" when entering the string in the terminal:

Before un-mounting the boot drive in disk utility, highlight the partition and click on the blue 'info' button at the top. This will show you the actual disk name. Mine was disk1s2 and not disk0s2 even though it is plugged into SATA 0 on the mobo. Confusing, as I assumed the drive in SATA port 0 would naturally be disk0.

The official guide works, as long as you enter the right partition name: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Mine booted perfectly after doing this. I never encountered this with my older OCZ Agility 4, but with newer 4k SSDs you may encounter the same problem. Not the fault of Crucial, they are excellent drives.

Had the same problem when upgrading to crucial MX100. For those getting "Resource Busy" or "Permission Denied" when entering the string in the terminal:

Before un-mounting the boot drive in disk utility, highlight the partition and click on the blue 'info' button at the top. This will show you the actual disk name. Mine was disk1s2 and not disk0s2 even though it is plugged into SATA 0 on the mobo. Confusing, as I assumed the drive in SATA port 0 would naturally be disk0.

The official guide works, as long as you enter the right partition name: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Mine booted perfectly after doing this. I never encountered this with my older OCZ Agility 4, but with newer 4k SSDs you may encounter the same problem. Not the fault of Crucial, they are excellent drives.

Two days ago my hackingtosh totally crashed. I mean totally crashed and I can't even get to the boot menu or anything I don't know why this has happened...

This is the error I get:

Boot0:GPT Boot0:done

Any help?

Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back