Graphics
NVidia GeForce GT240 1.0 GB DDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys..just need a little help here...i'm screwed up with this error message...after I successfully installed Lion and then reboot I got this monstrous error messages boot0:gpt boot0:test boot0:test boot0:error...I actually followed tonymac's guide but I did a clean install rather than installing over SL...I don't know what went wrong but guys can you please help to solve this...or anybody here got the same problem...what did you do to solve this...thank you very much guys..any help very much appreciated..

GOD Bless All!!!

If you cannot get to the desktop, you will need to run multibeast, it happened to my install as well, what i did is unplugged my hard drive and used an external enclosure and plug it to my MacBook Pro and ran multibeast then everything was fine from that point.

It doesnt have a bootloader. Run multibeast and make sure to install Chimera or your own preference of bootloader in another method. You would need to figure out how to boot to Lion, or install Snow Leopard, run Multibeast and install Chimera, then install Lion via the xMove method. It would keep the bootloader around to be used.

@ Sir ahero4heor...do you mean do i have to reinstall the SL? actually i really did that twice but I got the same problem..I did a clean install the SL update to 10.6.8 then install necessary drivers in multibeast 3.8.0 including chimera, I then install the LION after that I partition my HD for the xMove...I rebooted and at the chimera I choose the installer, using that I reformatted the SL partition and successfully installed the Lion..when installation finished then prompted me to restart..I restated the system and poof! I ended up to black screen showing that error messages...Hayst I really screwed up..

Pretty simple, indeed. Now reboot and choose to boot from installer again, at chimera menu choose lion partition, boot into it and INSTALL bootloader onto it. As ahero4heor said

whelcen092407 said:
@ Sir ahero4heor...do you mean do i have to reinstall the SL? actually i really did that twice but I got the same problem..I did a clean install the SL update to 10.6.8 then install necessary drivers in multibeast 3.8.0 including chimera, I then install the LION after that I partition my HD for the xMove...I rebooted and at the chimera I choose the installer, using that I reformatted the SL partition and successfully installed the Lion..when installation finished then prompted me to restart..I restated the system and poof! I ended up to black screen showing that error messages...Hayst I really screwed up..

I think you're formatting your snow leopard drive when you shouldn't be. Just install over the existing snow leopard partition, that way you don't lose your files like Chimera. Good luck!

beland said:
Pretty simple, indeed. Now reboot and choose to boot from installer again, at chimera menu choose lion partition, boot into it and INSTALL bootloader onto it. As ahero4heor said

Wait, I'm confused now...

@ Sir ahero4heor...yes you're right..I really did that I formatted my SL HD, I erase all the contents of my SL HD to do a clean install coz I thought that I would have to erase my SL...hmmm...it seems that I'm doing wrong...what should I have to do to make a clean install on fresh HD?

Thanks for the reply guys...

You weren't suppose to do a clean install using tonymac's method. Using the tonymac method, you were suppose to only install over your existing SL... basically the method here is to upgrade your SL to Lion. If you did a clean install by replacing your existing SL then what you need to do is either:

1) somehow install multi beast on your new Lion installation by creating a USB boot loader that will load Lion (make sure when you run multi beast you install Chimera as well)

OR

2) re-install everything, starting from SL and upgrading it (not wiping it out and replacing it) with Lion using the tonymac method.

I've done a clean install by erasing SL and installing Lion over it and it just doesn't work without a separate boot loader. It's a big headache. I had to start all over again. Tonymac said they are working on a new iBoot that will allow people to do a clean install of Lion using a DVD or USB stick, but it'll take some time. So for now don't do a clean install, just upgrade Snow Leopard to Lion using the Tonymac method.

As to your question about doing a clean install. I am currently writing this in Lion that was created from a clean install. I tried the various boot loaders out there and they either made Lion hang, crash or actually make my computer hang right at the computer logo screen.

I am a noob at installing OSX on a hacintosh so my method is crude, but it worked. What I did was I created 4 partitions (I have a 2 TB drive). The first partition is my Macintosh HD (blank & formatted), the second partition is Winbloze 7, now the last two partitions are small, only 10GB and 30 GB respectively.

These last two partitions is what helped me do the clean install. On the 30GB partition I installed a very basic installation of SL using the iBoot + Multibeast method (I used the latest versions) and upgraded it to 10.6.8.

I have a backup copy of my Lion install app stored on a USB stick as well as xMove. I copied these to my new SL partition. I ran the Lion installer app and it did the pre-installation prep to my SL partition. I then rebooted back into SL and ran xMove. I used the 10GB partition as the "installer" drive. **NOTE: booting into SL caused KPs, BUT every time I rebooted back into SL it was fine again**

I rebooted into the installer drive and did a clean install of Lion onto my first partition Macintosh HD which was blank but formatted journaled. The installation went smoothly.

Now the key thing is on the reboot I went back to SL NOT Lion. Within SL I was able to run multi beast and install (for my preference) "User DSDT", "System Utility", sound kexts, and "Chimera" on the Macintosh HD. After the multi beast install I rebooted and to my delight Lion booted without any problems! I was also able to copy multi beast to my Lion install and ran it to get my ethernet working. I was also able to erase the two small partitions, join them back as one and use the blank drive as backup for my documents.

As I said, my method for a clean install is ugly but it works.

hayyyssstt...Thank you so much GUYS!!!...now its clear for me that as of now I should have to install SL first then LION..actually I saw other methods but its kinda tricky, for the mean time I will take your advices and I hope sometime TonyMac's will release the most efficient and easiest installation procedure without being SL installed..again thank you so much guys for your help..

GOD Bless!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back