Graphics
GTX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

Everything was working nicely, then one time i rebooted the bootloader just prints out

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

and stops there.

Tried updating bios, no luck
Booted with iBoot, reinstalled Chameleon, still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

faq.php#f0r2

» 3. Put Hardware Specs in Signatures and Profile.
Getting help is easier when other users know your hardware. Please update your profile to include your system configuration in addition to placing them in your signature. It is important to put your specific system configuration into your signature. At the minium, provide your CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics information and preferably include your BIOS and Operating System versions. It will greatly improve your chances of getting the right person to help you, possibly even someone with your exact build. Then when you provide help, everyone will know what type of system you are using.

Mea culpa :p

I5-750
P55A-UD7
4 GB DDR3
250GB WD drive
GTX 470 NVIDIA reference
F7 bios

10.6.5 installed with multibeast 2.5.1 and nvidia tonymac driver package

The same thing happened today with my other hack, I7-920, EX58-UD5, 12 GB, 250 GB SSD, GTX 480, but as i was in a process of installing it i just reinstalled macos and now its fine. But like 20 mins later the same thing happened with the first one. So i'm pretty sure it's not hardware related, that's why i didn't post the specs.

On both of them i used the same install method:

10.6.3 DVD imaged on an USB drive
iBoot-GE boot then install from USB
install 10.6.5
install multibeast userDSDT + Audio, HDD, Ethernet Kexts, 64 bit boot screen, macpro 5.1, chameleon RC5 643 ofc with cache and permission.
install NVIDIA driver from tonymac
after that everything is working fine, i streamed my applications and users from the other mac, and it was working for a day or two.
Then today first it happened on one, which i reinstalled as i thought i messed something up trying to remove AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext
But then the same thing happened to the other one with which i did no such hampering.

lukarak said:

I am going to save MacMan some time here:

This forum only supports retail installation of Snow Leopard from the retail DVD.
Per FAQ: faq.php#f0r3

I would suggest install from the retail store purchased DVD and see what happens. Otherwise perhaps a HD going bad?

thgill said:
lukarak said:

I am going to save MacMan some time here:

This forum only supports retail installation of Snow Leopard from the retail DVD.
Per FAQ: faq.php#f0r3

I would suggest install from the retail store purchased DVD and see what happens. Otherwise perhaps a HD going bad?

Well, it's the same thing actually. I got a retail dvd with my macbook, copied it to the usb and installed that way. It's not modified in any way. Never had any problems with it, either when installing to my macbook, or when installing to various hacks i installed for others and myself, and i doubt that's the reason.

Also, what are the chances of two HDDs failing on the same day?

My doubts are going somewhere in the Fermi part of the story, perhaps the prerelease chameleon. I will try to replace some of the installed stuff the next time i install it just to see if that will solve the problem.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back