Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I am new to this forum and have recently used all the great information in it to build my first custom mavericks hackintosh!

Hardware:
Core i7 4770 CPU
Z87X-UD3H motherboard
16GB RAM
2 Raided Samsung SSD 840EVO
Onboard Intel 4600 video

I am having a problem when booting up. I get as far as boot0:done then nothing happens and there is just a blinking cursor.

I am able to boot into the OS using the installer USB drive so I have gotten so far that I am able to boot into a RAID!

After banging my head against the wall and desk getting this install completed, I have made it so far that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and cannot give up now.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get past this final hurdle?

Baller,

Thanks for the pointer but I keep getting an error when I run the Chameleon wizard stating "Couldn't download file. Check your internet connection, and try again later" but my internet connection is fine.

Everything I have found in trying to figure out what is causing the Chameleon wizard error is pointing to the server being down.

Thoughts?

if boot0 fix isn't working try adding a second fat partition then install chameleon main branch and choose boot0hfs

Baller,

Thanks for the pointer but I keep getting an error when I run the Chameleon wizard stating "Couldn't download file. Check your internet connection, and try again later" but my internet connection is fine.

Everything I have found in trying to figure out what is causing the Chameleon wizard error is pointing to the server being down.

Thoughts?
Try here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=140 and update to the latest version.

if boot0 fix isn't working try adding a second fat partition then install chameleon main branch and choose boot0hfs

Would this be running the boot loader on the new partition? If so, could I technically install the boot loader on a different disk to boot the OS X install that is on the raid?

I bet it works easily enough on a single boot drive. Raid is more hassle than it is worth with OS X. No trim support on raid either to my knowledge, so its going to slow down.

Adrian B

Yes, I have installed with a single drive with no problems at all; everything boots and works.

I was just really wanting to run a raid with Mavericks.

What exactly is the TRIM support?

Yes, I have installed with a single drive with no problems at all; everything boots and works.

I was just really wanting to run a raid with Mavericks.

What exactly is the TRIM support?

Not all SSD' require trim support as they do not require it. Trim is used to compliment SSD garbage collection and keep the drive running at optimal speed. Raid and OS X don't work well for some reason. Blisteringly fast one moment - not working the next is very common.

Adrian B

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back